Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Discussion in 'Movies and Entertainment' started by Brian in Mesa, May 20, 2014.

1. BillsCarnage

BillsCarnage Registered

Probably because Disney's facial CG sucks. You'd think with all of Disney's resources they be much better than they are. It's gawd awful.

Nine was supposed to revolve around Leia's story of this trilogy (7 was Han and 8 is supposed to be Lukes). Obviously, that's in doubt, but honestly I think fans would be ok with some CG Leia if it were minimal; maybe similar to Vaders role in Rogue One.

Well, to play devils advocate, the originals were never really mapped out either. Not knowing how it would do at the box office, SW was originally a stand alone movie. That said, it's 2017 and this is Disney, so you'd think they'd at least have the trilogy story on a napkin somewhere, right?

Quite possible, but I'm going to give Disney the benefit of the doubt here. They can't "Disney" this property or I hope they don't. They do seem to have a vision for the SW franchise since this is now two movies they've parted with the director on. I have more faith in Kennedy than Disney.

JJ would not be the right director for ep9 and I hope they stick with Johnson, but we'll see.

2. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

I hope they stick with Rian as well.

As far as Episode 9 revolving around Leia... a large part of me believes that to be very flattering spin for their fallen hero. She was pretty mediocre in Episode 7, not in good health and as she's gotten older seemed much more comfortable acting in comedy than the strained/meh performance she gave in Ep 7.

3. BillsCarnage

BillsCarnage Registered

Just for you Cheese

http://www.starwars.com/news/j-j-abrams-to-write-and-direct-star-wars-episode-ix

4. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

5. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

I am not sure if Rian would have been a good pick for the next movie. I don't know how anybody could make that judgement until we see the next movie. However, I was very happy with TFA minus revisiting the death star well. However, I have come to the conclusion that it will never stop if recent rumors are true. It seems the Empire/First Order will always seek the ultimate weapon.

So, not upset at all they went back to JJ. I just hope he brings in other writers. Possibly bring back Kasdan. JJ is a setup/idea guy. That is his strength. I want a very solid writer in there.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  6. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

Ugh. Just ugh.

#lensflare

7. BillsCarnage

BillsCarnage Registered

I thought Kasdan was involved in all the trilogy movies or at minimal his son was. His frustration with the previous Solo directors was part of the reason they got the boot. But, yeah I hope he's involved as it needs some (re)work with Fisher gone and he's really the common thread of the franchise from a story perspective.

Nah, he didn't abuse it in TFA, so I doubt he'd revert back now.

8. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

I thought you liked The Force Awakens. :shrug:

9. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

He has really toned it down. It's a trademark so you have to have a little of it but I think he got the message recently.

Brian in Mesa likes this.
  10. cheesebeef

Well, here's JJ's chance to answer some questions he posed in Awakens.

Bottom line... I know it'll prob be frustrating, but at worst it'll be entertaining. All his movies are.

Covert Rain likes this.
  11. Brian in Mesa

Wasn't a big prequel fan. I loved seeing the closest thing to the original trilogy return to the big screen. Not a huge fan of the plot re-hashing and wish it had been more original. Not really sure if Abrams' "fits" into the Star Wars Universe, honestly. Really looking forward to seeing what Rian Johnson has done with the next episode and was hoping he would be added for the ninth episode and add some continuity moving forward. This is supposed to be a trilogy, but so far it looks like it will be three movies shoved together and called a trilogy. Fans want a naturally flowing story.

Heck, since Awakens we have had Rogue One. Gareth Edwards did a great job, IMHO. I'd rather see him helm another movie in the universe than JJ, but that's just me.

:jedi:

12. cheesebeef

Probably want to ease off the Gareth Edwards of it all since Tony Gilroy had a MAJOR role in rewriting/directing the reshoots that changed apparently 40% of the movie.

13. Brian in Mesa

Okay, plug in Gilroy where I said Edwards then.

14. Shaggy

Shaggy Site Owner Administrator Staff Member

So that I am on the same page. Movie 8 is the on that is coming out this year, "The Last Jedi", right? Are they planning on stopping it all on the 9th one and just doing off shoot films like Rogue One and the Hans Solo films?

15. Brian in Mesa

I've always heard that they plan on putting some Star Wars related film out each year. One from an ongoing series (or series of trilogies) and then every other year with the standalone "A Star Wars Story" films.