Spurs @ Suns game thread 2-7-18

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Mainstreet, Feb 6, 2018.

1. hcsilla

hcsilla Registered User

He is much taller and a much better passer than Barea.

Doncic will have (some) trouble against NBA super athletes but he is a fantastic prospect while at the same time his floor is incredibly high too.

CardsSunsDbacks likes this.
  2. hsandhu

hsandhu Registered User

I guess I could be convinced to take him ahead of porter, who has speed concerns as well.

But can't move him ahead of bagley who is a super athlete at 6 11, and no way in hell can you pass up potentially the next david robinson in ayton if you end up with 1.

3. hcsilla

hcsilla Registered User

I take Doncic over Bagley and Young.

Him over Ayton, Bamba and maybe even Jackson are tougher decisions.

That's why taking one of Doncic and Young AND one of the bigmen would be fantastic and probably would mean that the Suns rebuilding is over just like in case of Philly.

However, getting another top6 pick seems very difficult if not impossible.

4. SirStefan32

SirStefan32 Krycek, Alex Krycek

Here is another one, and I really like that it shows EVERYTHING, including the missed shots.

5. hsandhu

hsandhu Registered User

I hope if suns end up with 1, there is a consensus among the fans they should take ayton, to the point they realize it's not worth the risk in passing on him.

pokerface, Poop Head and SirStefan32 like this.
  6. SirStefan32

So, I haven't seen enough of Bagley, so my perception may be off, but I am not high on Bagley. I'd take Ayton over Doncic for sure, but I would be inclined to pick him over anyone else.

CardsSunsDbacks likes this.
  7. SirStefan32

Oh come on, man! He is eight inches taller, a much better scorer right now at the age of 20 than Barea ever was, and a better passer as well.

Poop Head and Mainstreet like this.
  8. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Plenty of good PGs available (not just in the draft) but not so with good big men. I lean towards Ayton as well with the top pick.

SirStefan32 likes this.
  9. Poop Head

Poop Head Poster formerly known as kingdad

I think the concern or biggest question with Doncic is what position he'd play in the NBA. I know a lot of people say he'll be a PG but the only way I see that happening is similar to how Philly is using Ben Simmons because he's not a traditional PG in terms of his size or speed. He won't be able to guard opposing PG's. He looks like a solid player but he shouldn't be picked ahead of Ayton or Bagley. I'd take him before Young, Porter, and Bamba though. The choice between him and Young would be tough though. I think that would depend on individual workouts and hopefully they'd get Booker to come up for those if they're choosing between those 2.

10. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Registered

18*

11. SirStefan32

Jesus, I have no idea as to why I wrote 20. I know he is 18. It's been a long week!

12. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

If you’ve got a top three pick in a LOADED draft, it’s mind-boggling to make a decision on a “high floor” guy. You should be going for the highest ceiling with high floors... which is what Ayton and Bagley are supposed to be.

13. cheesebeef

elindholm likes this.
  14. cheesebeef

You’ve got to be kidding me. We’re going to pass on the next David Robinson, Bagley or a possible Stef Curry for THAT?!

That didn’t look like carving up anyone. Looked like a low to the ground, slowish tall guy getting around a bunch of other slow white guys.

And you can say “athleticism” doesn’t matter all that much, but truth is Warren is a PATHETIC defender, Book ain’t much better (god love him anyway) and now you’re talking about adding ANOTHER non-athlete... at the 1-3 positions which are the most athletic positions with the best scorers in the league?

How SOFT do you guys want this team to be and have you not seen where that’s gotten us FOREVER?!

Man... for the life of me, I can’t figure out where so many of you are coming from in so many different parts of this team.

elindholm likes this.
  15. SirStefan32

Good Lord, you are an angry man. CAPITALIZING random words doesn't make anything any more valid.
    You are welcome to disagree, of course. By the way, eight posts up, I said I'd take Ayton over Doncic. If you'd read what people are saying instead of whatever the hell it is that you do, you'd add something to the conversation other than insults and random capitalized words.