San Diego State @ ASU Sun Devils

Discussion in 'Arizona State' started by DweeberAZ, Sep 9, 2017.

1. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

So does Graham survive the entire season??

2. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

If canning him is about money they'll keep him whole season. What a terrible hire he ended up being.

82CardsGrad likes this.
  3. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

I honestly can't understand what they saw in him... His best year(s) were with a team he had little to do with... Every unit of his teams for the past 3 years have been so thoroughly bad and overmatched, it's like the guy has never been a Head Coach at all!

4. TJ

TJ Swaggy Head Coach

The timing for a CTG firing/buyout is horrendous. ASU just forked over tons of cash for facility renovations. IIRC, Graham's buyout is around $12 million. Add to that that the school still has to pay the next coach a salary and it puts ASU in a peculiar situation.

5. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

I couldn't agree more. Money is a huge issue. However, the Sun Devils need to salvage at least one of their three major sports.

Maybe the Sun Devils should have been pumping the money into the renovation or replacement of Wells Fargo arena. At least Bobby Hurley seems to be on the right track.

82CardsGrad likes this.
  6. overseascardfan

overseascardfan Registered User

A coaching change needs to be made. Yes, its going to be expensive but ASU just spent tens of millions for stadium renovations. If ASU continues to plummet, eventually big time recruits are going to just ignore ASU and a mass exodus of season ticket holders will follow. You need a name to turn this around, Graham is not going to turn this around, just like Rich Rod is not going to turn it around at UA. The longer you wait the more damage you do with recruiting relationships, pipe lines will continue to close. You pay a lot up for a Les Miles or Chip Kelly but there will be an immediate return on dividends. Alumni are not going to stand for a 2 win season when they shelled out all that money for renovations. ASU cannot let coaching salary money stand in the way of progress. Unless football is deemed unworthy of being saved but the money spend on renovating the football stadium and facilities indicates otherwise.

7. MaoTosiFanClub

MaoTosiFanClub What Goes Around Comes Around

It's been a long time since Chip has been a successful head coach, he's not the slam dunk everyone thinks he is in my opinion.

Les Miles is semi-retired and has been for a few years now. He'd be a disaster at a school where you have to grind like ASU and UA.

8. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Chip was a powerhouse in the P12 for years. Three conference championships and two BCS bowl wins. He'd be a grand slam hire.

I thought UCLA would go after him but it looks like they'll be pretty good and keep Mora. With jobs like Florida, Auburn, Tennessee and A&M potentially opening up ASU would be down the list but they should definitely shoot for the moon. It's mind-boggling they hired Erickson at his age then a huge question mark with Graham.

9. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Chip would be a slam dunk. But I'd be shocked if they could reel him in. ASU just never does anything impressive.