Discussion in 'Body and Health' started by CaptTurbo, Oct 5, 2005.
In 4 hours I go in for my first root canal. Im scared to death. Ive always heard how painfull it is.
worst thing ever.
man, yer screwed.
when I broke my front 2 teeth from doing a faceplant on a concrete curb, I had to have a root canal for a crown to replace one of the shattered teeth.
The root canal goes down as the most painful & gruesome experience I've ever had & this comes from a guy with many painful experiences
- broken arm w/spiral fracture & surgery w/steel plate & screws
- 8" pipe filled with sewage water exploding in my face & fracturing my skull & breaking my nose
- a steel sliver got caught in my eye, got infected & my eyeball swelled up & I couldn't close my eyelid without bad pain & any light greater than a dim candle would hurt
- dropping a full keg on big toe, breaking it & have many ingrownnails every time the nail grows back
- dropping a 40lb weight plate at the gym on same big toe 2 years later, breaking it again & almost severing it
- car accident & face smashed into a windshield
- stabbed a pencil into my hand & had to have surgery to remove the point
- folding ladder closing suddenly & slamming my manhood in the hinges
- another face plant into a concrete curb & fracturing my cheek bone
- broken tailbone from rollerblading & then taking a 4 hour plane ride on a puddle jumper that dipped & bobbed the whole way
- dated an obnoxious girl from UofA for nearly a year
the root canal was the worst by far
Way to pick him up!!! Thats one hell of a pep talk - we need you to give the halftime speech in the locker room at SDS to the opposing team!
and i thought you 2 were friends of mine.
At least it'll take your mind off your pregnant wife.
you asked for the truth
the worst part is when he takes the drill to hollow out the tooth & tooth parts start flying around like shrapnel. then a white powdery smoke comes out of your mouth & you just want to run from this medieval torture. that part sucks
then if he doesn't novacaine you properly & goes to deaden the nerve, that is the much worse than what I thought the worst part was.
make sure you get some good numbness going on. bring headphones if you can & listen to something other than the drill & the tooth getting drilled.
if you have a good dentists, it shouldn't be too bad. if you have a hack, then .... *shudder* mine was a hack
I accidentaly dropped a 30 lb weight on my left testicle in my 20's and I'd rather do that 10 more times consecutively than have another root canal.
(I'm kidding, but he doesn't know that)
The noise the drill makes vibrate through your head is horrible. Makes your nutz shrivel.
SWD, just go under sedation.
definitely, take the nitrous - double hit and you won't care about anything.
you'll do fine.
Dude, it's nothing...I had a root canal, and after the intial numbing and some drilling, the rest is cake...wasn't even as close to as bad as people make it out to be.
Separate names with a comma.