QBOTF

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by iLLmatiC, Jan 2, 2018.

1. WildBB

WildBB BB - BIG BIRD

Everything will depend on the new coaches. But a new regime usually means grooming a rookie in this current situation. A consensus will have to be reached on what to give up to get a shot at your next QBOF. After that they need to decide on whether Stanton is the bridge QB, or it's someone else. Obviously they won't overpay that guy.

2. THESMEL

THESMEL Registered

DJ and defense will help any qb if the new coach calls it balanced, BA finally did last half of this season, would of could of should have, but it is what it is and I appreciate BA. I still think our next qb is on the current roster - because I don’t grade cousins or available veterans that much higher than Stanton, Gabbert or Barkley. Who all have game experience. If we get a decent rookie he probably won’t start off the bat.

gimpy likes this.
  3. unseenaz

unseenaz Registered

Does Rosen remind anyone else of Trevor Bauer? A little too big for his britches if you ask me..

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...mayfield-josh-rosen/k2o3vl3ntwmv130v4xuwokguq

POISON likes this.
  4. cardpa

cardpa LOTR

Ran into some Bills fans while I was in Orlando over the New Year and they believe Taylor is as good as gone.

5. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

Taylor is my first choice, then Bridgewater and I would re-sign Stanton as my number two... with my draft pick being the apple of my eye :)

6. Snakester

Snakester Draft Man

I wouldn't worry about signing any QB. Trade up into the top five and get our QBOTF. That should be the only plan SK has. Use the rest of the money we have on getting some wide receivers and offensive linemen to protect our young QB.

7. unseenaz

unseenaz Registered

ok, but who?

just because you trade into the top 5 doesn't mean a qbotf is there

nashman and Solar7 like this.
  8. unseenaz

unseenaz Registered

lamar jackson is listed at 6'3 212lbs
    deshaun watson is listed at 6'3 215lbs

one of those is a lie. the difference in their body types is more like 10-15 lbs

9. DVontel

DVontel Registered

Right.

People keep saying “trade into the top 5” but..........for who? Rosen & Darnold will be out of the question. Allen isn’t worth reading up for. I think Lamar will fall to #15 regardless. Baker? Allen doesn’t deserve to, but I think he’ll get drafted before Baker.

unseenaz and Solar7 like this.
  10. Solar7

Solar7 Optimist

Yay, two logical posters!

I don't want to trade away two years of picks to get into the top 5 and pick the 3rd quarterback. The bust ratio is just way too high. No problems with trading forward a few picks to get a guy if you really like Mayfield, Allen, or whoever else rises, but not so far up just to desperately reach before the Broncos/Jets.

unseenaz likes this.
  11. AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy Magnanimous

Lamar looks like 200 lbs max -- he's incredibly skinny. Watson weighed in at 221 at the Combine...FWIW.

unseenaz likes this.
  12. cardpa

cardpa LOTR

If they don't draft a QB this year then who or what is available in FA? Brees is not going to leave NO. I wouldn't want a 38 year old QB anyhow. Cousins is pretty questionable. You have McCown who had a good year before going down with an injury. He's 38 but can be considered a young 38. There is Keenum, the question is, was this year an career year or has he really turned it around? Bridgewater is still considered damaged goods to me and may never be the same. Bradford is always injured. Cutler will probably go back to the broadcast booth. There is always Stanton but we all know what he's about. After these guys there is nothing to speak of. McCarron is a RFA so Cincy can always keep him if they decide to do so. Unless someone gets released there isn't anything else. Seems like Keim has painted himself into a corner and has to draft a QB. He should really draft two. Do you ride someone like Stanton for next year especially if Darnold goes back to school and then throw everything at getting him? Who else will be available out of college in 2019?

13. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

perhaps not...it is very possible that Lamar Jackson is just much more solidly built than Watson

may account for why he has never been injured. my baby brother is 6'6" and I 6'2" for all the years of our primes he wore larger clothes than me even though I outweighed him by 25 lbs,... I was athletic,..he is a trucker

I am not claiming Watson is fat,... just that he may not be as solid overall as Jackson....we have all known some skinny "Wirey" dude that looks 150 but tips the scale at 205

Stout likes this.
  14. unseenaz

unseenaz Registered

Other way around. Jacksons is a twig compared to Watson (and just in general lol)

15. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

right...and muscle mass is heavier than fat... the more solid guy can carry more weight and look smaller.