Pujols for Howard

Discussion in 'Fantasy Baseball' started by Chris_Sanders, May 5, 2008.

1. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

So I am crazy trading guy in baseball. I am always trying to mold my team the way I want.

I just traded Pujols who has been unbelievable this year for Ryan Howard who has been crappy.

Good or bad...discuss....

(BTW Jersey Girl took me to the cleaners on the JJ Putz for Ordonez and Loney trade. I was desperate for a good reliever)

2. dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks Chopped Liver Moderator Contributor

I don't know if I would have made the trade.

3. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

The problem with Pujols is his elbow makes him a huge injury risk. Ryan Howard was going in the top 6 players at the start of the season for a reason. I believe he will average it out.

4. nathan

nathan Moderator Contributor

Albert Pujols is the best player (hitter or pitcher) in the game today. If we were talking about real baseball, he's the obvious choice.

This is of course fantasy baseball and he happens to be in a lineup with Skip Schumaker, Rick Ankiel, Troy Glaus, Yadier Molina and a bunch of PT players, whereas Howard is batting behind Jimmy Rollins and Chase Utley and in front of Pat Burrell (somebody needs to remind him he sucks). I think Howard is closer to a .250 hitter than a .300 hitter, but he's too good not to give you more RBIs and HRs than Pujols (who's on pace for 45 IBB) given their respective supporting casts.

5. Beaver

Beaver Maximum Effort

That is why I traded him to you after the league was declared a non-keeper. One has to believe he will end up on the DL. Papi started out slow, but he is my favorite.

6. Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl Stand down Contributor

Oh, make no mistake about it. Philly fans will let Pat the Bat know when he sucks (which is too frequently).

I've been slacking on all things fantasy baseball and baseball in general. Had an open slot on my line-up for, oh, about two week. I totally suck and am majorly late to the party.

I would love to take you to the cleaners again. The good news for you is I am in last place, and I had Ordonez on the bench for two week cause I am an absolute moron.

But thanks for the trade. :)

7. McCutchenistheTruth

McCutchenistheTruth Free Agent

Lol, about 4 years late, but wow!