Power tools

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by az240zz, Jan 26, 2018.

1. az240zz

az240zz Registered Contributor

I sold my Craftsman 19.2 power tools and have to get new ones. I considered Milwaukee but their too expensive for home use. The leaves a choice among Ryobi,Makita, Bosch etc.

What do you folks use and why???

2. Beaver

Beaver Maximum Effort

I use Makita at home and have never had any issues.

az240zz likes this.
  3. Linderbee

Linderbee Let's GO, CARDINALS! Contributor

We have ryobi and have been unimpressed with their batteries. Charges don't last long, and they stop charging altogether much sooner than expected

az240zz likes this.
  4. MrYeahbut

MrYeahbut rilly bruh, rilly?? Contributor

I use Milwaukee impact because I buy them for my technicians. I get a deal when I buy 4 at a time. My techs put them threw hell and sometimes I just take one of their old ones. Fine for home use.

I had a Dewalt that lasted years. I needed impact with a hammer drill so I ultimately went Milwaukee.

az240zz likes this.
  5. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

ryobi is fine for basic homeowner use... they hold up well when you do a cost analysis, lol.

But I use DeWalt now. You can get a 20v set that has the impact driver and the drill...two batteries, a charger and a case for less than $200 at pretty much any home depot or lowes.

if you see them real cheap, like $159... check the amp hours on the batteries.... DeWalt sells basically homeowner level and contractor level and the biggest difference is the batteries. The contractor level tools give you a bit more torque and a couple more hours of battery life.

if you dont "need" the power , then go ahead and save the money... but in my book more power is always good. I bought my set for 199 five years ago, the little impact has the quick release chuck...and that thing gets used two or three times a week just around the house... very handy.

when I had my sat business my little dewalt would go three or four days installing sat dishes before I had to swap batteries.

why dewalt is simple...Top notch quality for a fair price... pricing is about the same as Makita and Bosch and IMO the quality and power are better.

1.3ah for $169
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-...ries-1-3Ah-Charger-and-Bag-DCK240C2/204373168

1.5ah $229
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-...Charger-and-Contractor-Bag-DCK280C2/202922366

3.0ah $299
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-...teries-3Ah-Charger-and-Bag-DCK290L2/202922445

I use the kit in the middle... these prices were just what they had on the website right now for california... but that middle kit can be had for $189 pretty regularly.
    when I bought it I was not aware of the battery difference...learned that after I started noticing so many price points for what looked like the same tool... it is the same tool, just different batteries.

you can add a multi tool, circular saw, blower, reciprocating saw, chainsaw, jigsaw, or even a radio...add in tools are between $99 and about $159 per tool

dewalt 20v rocks man.

Linderbee likes this.
  6. cardncubfan

cardncubfan H

Try www.mscdirect.com & look in their sales flyers. They usually have pretty good deals.

az240zz likes this.
  7. BigRedRage

BigRedRage badass Contributor

I have multiple kobalt power tools I have had for years without issue.

8. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

Yup. I use kobalt too. batteries have never let me down.

9. az240zz

az240zz Registered Contributor

Bought a Dewalt 20 volt combo. Drill and impact from Home Depot

Linderbee likes this.