Pick Watch 2018

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by JCSunsfan, Dec 6, 2017.

1. ColdPickleNachos

ColdPickleNachos Registered

We also get it if it's 11, 12, or 13...I think he put 14-16 because it is highly unlikely the Bucks perform that poorly this year.

2. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

That's just my projection of where the pick will likely fall. We actually get the pick if it falls between 11 and 16.

3. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

At this moment, and in spite of our recent play, fivethirtyeight.com predicts the Suns will finish 4th in the pre-lottery seeding. I assume that is based upon the difficulty of the schedule from here out.

But also, the site is predicting that the Miami pick well end up 13 and the Milwaukee pick 15. So, oddsmakers are betting the Suns have three first round picks this summer, two lotto, one just outside.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-nba-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Assuming that all comes true (and it won't, but its an independent objective projection), we could be looking at something like:

4. Young, Porter, Bamba
    13. Bridges, Bridges, Carter. McCoy
    15. Walker, McCoy, Duval

I would be all for trading 13 and 15 to move up to 9-10. I would even trade #13, and our top 5 (or 7 or 8 etc) protected pick next year to move up to 6 or 7.

4. ColdPickleNachos

That scenario would be fantastic. I hope that becomes a reality, but I'm not optimistic.

This would be the most valuable 4th overall pick in a long time. Doncic, Ayton, Young, or Bagley.

5. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

I'd be willing to package all three to get Young, but... hopefully he is there for us anyway.

6. ColdPickleNachos

I would be willing to package all three for any of the top 4. We don't need more prospects...We need the RIGHT prospect. Hit on the right point guard, and the chances of Bender, Chriss, and Jackson go up as a result. Get that franchise big, and Booker's job just got a lot easier.

Doncic. Young. Ayton. Bagley.

SirStefan32 likes this.
  7. SirStefan32

SirStefan32 Krycek, Alex Krycek

I won't comment as to individual names, as I am not familiar enough with them, but I completely agree with your posts. They have plenty of prospects. They don't need three more. They need one player who will be a difference maker.

ColdPickleNachos likes this.
  8. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

I do want the Suns to come out of the draft with a quality PG and a quality big man.

Do what they have to to do to draft Young and consider adding future picks along with current picks to get a quality big man. The only player I'm sold on at the moment is Young.

9. ColdPickleNachos

In an ideal world, the Suns can get a PG and a big. However, I'd rather have Young OR Ayton than Duval AND Jackson or even Sexton AND Williams. Don't forget we have opportunities in free agency and trades as well.

I'm 100% sold on Doncic, Young, and Ayton. I have concerns about Bagley, but his talent is worth the potential negatives.

10. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Young is having an historic season to this point. There's no way a team is trading back for mediocre picks. It would have to be a legit player(s) and Booker isn't going anywhere.

Our only hope is getting lucky in the lottery.

11. Mainstreet

This is true unless the Suns get a pick in the top three or five and flip flop picks with a team above them and add more picks and/or players to get it done. Of course like the Celtics, the Suns would have to deliver them a coveted player with their first round pick.

12. Mainstreet

I haven't watched enough of the other players beyond Young to sell the farm.

SirStefan32 likes this.
  13. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

It's all situational. If Dallas was sitting there at 2 or 3 with Young on the board and we offered them our pick (say it's 6th), Miami's pick at 12ish and Milwaukee at 16... I'm almost certain they take it. They just took a PG last draft and are devoid of other pieces to build around.

Poop Head likes this.
  14. Finito

Finito Registered

Trade everything to move up all 3 picks and whoever you want Chriss, Bender and anyone not named Booker or Jackson

15. Poop Head

Poop Head Poster formerly known as kingdad

I can definitely see 6 and 12 getting us to 4 or 5, if they're looking to get into the top 3 then things get a little more difficult but like Phrazbit said, it depends on who is there. Not just the players on the board but the team selecting at that spot.