Peterson - a big puss

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by DutchmanAZ, Dec 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin Registered

I think it was the play that he didn't walk on water, that or the kickoff. If you look hard enough, all players suck.

wa52lz, azsouthendzone and nashman like this.
  2. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

My beef was with him on punt returns a couple times. One where he ran past it letting it bounce at the 15 where he had solid coverage and another where he had room to run, caught it in the middle of the field and literally just started running almost immediately to the sideline.

If he doesn’t want to return punts, he should just put his foot down with the coaches and say so.

3. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Agreed I've been saying that for 3 years now. I think they have him back there because he's sure handed(except the playoff game against Carolina) but he hasn't come close to breaking one in years now.

Based on how often he still returns punts I assume he's been told to get down or get out of bounds but we need to find a real punt returner next year.

Finito, nashman, daves and 2 others like this.
  4. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 Skeptical

If Peterson wants to be the greatest of all time, he would need to be more physical in the run game while maintaining his health in doing so.

As is, he is going to be a Hall of Fame CB, he is one of the best CBs in the NFL, and is a game changer on defense. Is he a physical for in the run game, no. And like Barry Sanders negative runs, I really don't care.

5. BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan Go for it Contributor

This all day. Time for someone else to return punts, with good hands

6. MrYeahbut

MrYeahbut rilly bruh, rilly?? Contributor

Peterson returning punts is more a failure of the GM/coaching staff to get someone else to do it, imo.

btw, I think you have to have a death wish to return punts anyway.

nashman likes this.
  7. iLLmatiC

iLLmatiC 2016 Cardinals season in a nutshell

TJ Logan.

8. pmacLean

pmacLean Registered

PP is a puss... just watch the friggin games...
    He is also, probably, the greatest man-up cover corner to ever play the game... fine.. so why are we so often going into zone ? PP SUCKS at zone... all our DBs suck at zone...

we need another hot man-up db to play opposite him (and stay in man up) or we need to trade his ass for a # 1 pick and get 2 guys who can actually play zone (because he can't) but we definitely need to get rid of bettcher (sic... I did it for you) because he has no clue either way....

and as a punt returner... hey PP, let me do that for you, at 65 I could do a better job

oaken1 likes this.
  9. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

There is something about Peterson which is not stressed enough, he is diabetic. Now he is not type one, but a guy I run with is type one and he once hurt his foot and he had to shut it down for a while because diabetes affects the circulation and the doctor emphasis what one could call minor for him could mean losing the foot or death. My mother is a type two diabetic like Peterson, which is not as severe but it does seem to make you more accessible to injury or rather have a more difficult time healing if you do not have everything in check. I have no idea if being diabetic is a reason Peterson is even now less physical than he once was. Before being diagnosis as diabetic, he was more active tackling but now he plays with caution. Being a type two can also eventually become type one I believe if you do not watch yourself. The most obvious act Peterson has done which shows his caution, nobody has brought up. I remember on a blitz or tackle in the backfield Peterson came up while the guy was being corralled, it turned into a group tackle and Peterson started back peddling as if hot lava was in front of him. Maybe because his condition of being diabetic dictates his physicality. Regardless of Peterson, just curious if anyone here is a type two diabetic who played college ball, how did it affect you

10. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

I think that was just PP21 avoiding any chance of injury really.... dudes who spend too much time in the tub dont get paid when contract time comes around. press man corners rely on speed,...leg injuries reduce speed

My step dad was diabetic,...lost both feet and half a hand,.. have three diabetic sisters, one has lost a leg due to diabetes..

at his age and physical condition these types of things shouldnt be an issue for PP so long as he maintains a healthy diet and weight

My cousin Mandy has diabetes since she was 3 and she has had a decent life with plenty of athletics,..softball and vollyball... she does bruise easily but the bruising does not result in infections... she is 40 now and can still go do anything she chooses as long as she maintains her diet... ketoacidosis is the biggest threat

poor circulation in the extremities can lead to poor balance and loss of strength but that aint going to be an issue for a guy as active as PP

Jetstream Green likes this.
  11. cardpa

cardpa LOTR

If the diabetes is the reason Peterson is so wary of contact then it's reasonable to question why he's even on the field for punt returns. Why is he on the field for the kick blocking unit? You also have to ask if he's such a good CB, then why does he have so many problems playing in a zone defense? Of course all of this is now a mute point because the new DC and I hope there will be a new DC may very well be asking Peterson to play differently next season.

Mitch likes this.
  12. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

Sorry for the afflictions your family has to endure being diabetic, but I appreciate you taking the time to tell your story Oaken

13. Finito

Finito Registered

This all day

14. azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone Registered

This thread is classic.

Next up we need the following threads: Fitzgerald has skillet hands; David Johnson is injury prone and a one hit wonder; Chandler Jones has peaked; maybe add that Buddha Baker is a bust or some other nonsense.

15. RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin Registered

There is playing a professional sport where players get hurt all the time, and there is playing high school football.

You cannot be a great player from the sidelines, and all great pro athletes know when to take risks.

Conveniently, no one brings up that Larry Fitzgerald will hit the deck the moment he realizes the risks out weight the rewards.

But, if anyone else dares to do so? They are horrible, weak, and the worst player on earth.

Patrick Peterson has yet to miss a game in the NFL, and people are questioning what he does with his body on the field ? LOL.

Its the pros, its a business, it is different. You play to your strengths.

But, if people want to complain about this type of thing, its a public board. Go nuts.

cardncubfan and daves like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.