Pancreatitis

Discussion in 'Body and Health' started by DeAnna, Jul 28, 2017.

1. DeAnna

DeAnna Just A Face in The Crowd

Gonna start a new thread - Pegan Food Plan :)

Jersey Girl likes this.
  2. MrYeahbut

MrYeahbut rilly bruh, rilly?? Contributor

DeAnna, I'm now in the same situation as you. I had an attack a couple of weeks ago... You're right about the pain.. Ouch.

I really hope you're doing well with this and haven't had any further problems. I'm just getting started and there's so much conflicting info on the web I haven't been able to sort it out yet. I haven't had a bowl of ice cream in 2 weeks, a record! I've lost 6 pounds but it seems it comes off in the wrong places. :)

3. DeAnna

DeAnna Just A Face in The Crowd

Oh ... that stinks! Haven't had any further problems. I went to a gastro doctor after the emgcy room visit and he said my amalyse was only slightly elevated, so it was mild.

I haven't eaten anything greasy/fried/no cheese, saturated fats. No processed foods either. I've had some dairy - mostly fat-free half & half for my coffee, and zero fat greek yogurt. Have had chicken breast and seafood with no problems.

4. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero Registered User

Glad it was not serious!

My son had a bout of this a couple of years ago, 2 ER visits, hospitalized for about a week, they ran every test, but never could figure out what was causing it. So he up and left the hospital early and has been pretty good since.

Our theory is that it was caused by the Prisolec he was taking for Acid reflux. But who knows.

5. MrYeahbut

Thanks DeAnna, that's about what I'm doing. I'm eating a lot more fruit for sure. A few of the things, like cheese or milk, I've been cutting down on how much I eat in any one day. If I have a glass of milk I won't eat any other fat that day.. I'm doing much better.

Thanks again.

Linderbee likes this.
  6. MrYeahbut

While I never had been a lot overweight, I have lost 10 lbs, from 180 to 170, in the 6 weeks after my bout with pancreatitis. I've done this by largely cutting out the junk food in my diet...
    no burgers, fried food, milk shakes, chips, chocolate, cookies, soft drinks, jerky, all the junkola at the office, etc.

90% of my fluid intake is water.... I have a small glass of milk with dinner, an occasional Gatorade, cup of coffee but that's it. Lots of fruit, fish, vegetables, rice, nuts, granola, yogurt.. I still eat some stuff they tell you not to, but I've cut it way down... I eat red meat/pork chop but now maybe only once a week, some cheese, ice cream probably had a LOT to do with this. I'm a Dryers Rocky Road junkie, but instead of eating it every night, I'm down to a couple times a week.

I mean, what else is there but ice cream and golf?? I don't smoke, do drugs, drink or chase girls anymore... BORING :D

Bada0Bing, Linderbee and thirty-two like this.