P90X

Discussion in 'Body and Health' started by Folster, May 8, 2009.

1. D-Dogg

D-Dogg A Whole New World Contributor

It's a beeeeeeaaauuuuutiful thing! :)

I haven't noticed much weight dip so far after three weeks, oddly, but my cuts are coming back and I can see I'm progressing. My strength has bounded back quickly and increased already, as I hit my highest total pullups in legs and back...4 more than I did in week 12 of the first round back in April. Pretty sure I'll start having the metabolism kick in around week 6 or 7.

2. Folster

Folster The system doesn't work.

Here is Day 1 and Day 30. I'm embarrassed with how far I let myself go after I got into such great shape with p90x a year and a half ago (Tony would be disappointed). I started in much worse shape this time than I did last time. In fact, my Day 1 pics last time look like my Day 30 pics this time. I was pushing 215 lbs. on Day 1 and now I'm a shade over 200 lbs. I'm pleased with my preliminary results, but I have a lot of work to do still. My goal is to drop to 185 lbs.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Folster

It's been a tough week. Monday I was feeling a bit of that pre-cold tickle in the back of my throat. I regrettably still decided to go for a run that night. That and the drop in temperature seemed to be enough to make me full-blown sick with chest and horrible sinus congestion. I managed to struggle though all of the phase two workouts despite my cold, but my plyo and legs & back workouts weren't pretty.

Donald and Krepitch, How are your recent rounds going?

4. D-Dogg

D-Dogg A Whole New World Contributor

Chugging along, coming up on day 50. Haven't dropped much weight...fluctuate between a 7 and 10 pound drop but I am getting a lot stronger, so I'm adding muscle. I can see a difference but it doesn't show up on the scale as much.

I'm not hitting the diet as hard as I did last time, which has an effect - but I'm increasing pullups like crazy.

One more Kenpo then recovery week.

5. Dflo

Dflo Rookie

Man I miss P90x.. me and my friend finished it last summer, lets just say ab-ripper is deadly. But Yoga goes from being the worst thing ever to a day we looked forward to.

Ahh the good old days

6. bankybruce

bankybruce She is stronger than you! Contributor

Getting ready to start it back up. I have been going a few of the video's here and there while getting back in shape.

7. Folster

The results are in.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I lost 30 lbs (215-185), and my waist went from 37+" to 33". I didn't get as cut as last time, but I plan to keep going and plan to lose another 5+ lbs. I've kicked up my running in preparation for Pat's Run so another 5 lbs should come easy. The results were slow until the last month when I really tightened up my diet by cutting out nearly all breads, pastas, and starches. I still kept my splurge day, Sunday which kept me sane. I can't let myself go like that again.

8. thirty-two

thirty-two Cranky Contributor

Holy crap, your back is insane, Folster. Nice job.

9. bankybruce

bankybruce She is stronger than you! Contributor

Funny, reading through this thread some crazy memories. P90X was really a great program and probably still holds up. Too bad Beach Body buried it with a ton of gimmick workout videos, half ass nutritional supplements and pyramid sales coaching program. Tony Horton should really go out on his own and do some real good.

10. Dude

Dude Registered

That's nuts. I thought all of that stuff was a joke. I've never seen someone real do something like this before. How are you doing today?

11. JS22

JS22 Say Vandelay!

I can't believe I was 27 when starting this program and am now 35. Time flies.

For nostalgia's sake I decided to give P90X Chest and Back a try. Damn ... I FEEL nearly 10 years older. :(

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    bankybruce and Linderbee like this.