P90X

Discussion in 'Body and Health' started by Folster, May 8, 2009.

1. Pariah

Pariah H.S. Contributor

I just did the shoulders workout. Once again I came away thinking "that was too easy." I just need to use more weight. But the addition of the ab workout at the end was a bitch.

2. D-Dogg

D-Dogg A Whole New World Contributor

Definitely use more weight. Your body should be dead at the end of a workout or you didn't do it right.

:)

ARX sucks when starting out. But I love it these days. I do it without the disc most of the time now...

3. Pariah

Pariah H.S. Contributor

The leg workout was fun.

Tony Horton is growing on me. I've actually LOL'd a couple of times based on his joking around.

4. Pariah

Pariah H.S. Contributor

KempoX, baby!

It's Goooorgeous!

5. Pariah

Pariah H.S. Contributor

Beautiful day in Denver today, so I skipped P90X for a run around the lake.

I significantly upped my weights on my chest and back workout and am still pretty sore today from Thursday's workout.

6. Pariah

Pariah H.S. Contributor

I've started doing the shoulders & arms and chest & back workouts just off the worksheets. I feel like I can bang them out quicker with just as much intensity.

I still watch for the Legs workout and, of course, the Kenpo and Plyo routines.

7. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse Chad's got nothing on me!

Both these pictures were taken right after workouts so I look pretty bad...

I started the program at a weight of 182lbs. and am down to 175lbs. I really don't want to lose weight, but breaking it down and building it back up with the right kind of weight is fine by me.

Day 1 and Day 60

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  8. Linderbee

Linderbee Let's GO, CARDINALS! Contributor

Congrats! I know it's hard to stick to--keep it up!

9. Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl Stand down Contributor

Way to go, LoyaltyisaCurse!

10. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse Chad's got nothing on me!

Thanks, one thing I haven't done on P90x is follow the diet plan I am only doing the workouts. I dont feel that I eat all that bad...

11. D-Dogg

D-Dogg A Whole New World Contributor

The diet plan really does make a tremendous difference. I'd advise to to at least one month of the 50/30/20 protein heavy phase, then stay at the 40/40/20 or as close as you can for the duration.

I eat pretty clean for the most part, but consciously sticking to the diet and thinking about it (especially getting the right protein ratio, and about 1g per pound of protein per day) really does kick the program into gear.

Doing that in addition to the workouts will really accelerate your progress. It's a tough program to stick with...the time commitment on it is brutal..good luck in your last 30 days LIAC.

12. Pariah

Pariah H.S. Contributor

I'm putting on a ton of muscle, even with lighter weight and more reps. ...which means I'm f'n gaining weight.

When I get done with a P90X upper body workout I look like I belong in a prison yard for 20 minutes until I deflate a little.

13. Folster

Folster The system doesn't work.

So I just started P90x again today. It's hard to look at the pictures I posted a year and a half ago, because I fell off the wagon and probably look worse than my original Day 1 pics. I've tried to get back on the program multiple times since I completed it the first time, but for one reason or another I'd stop or something would come up. So I'm back where I started if not worse, but I'm gonna do it again this time; I have to because I look and feel like crap. I'm gonna take pictures tonight and I'll post them on Day 30. I don't think I could post what I look like now without some improvement, especially considering there are pictures of me earlier in this thread where I am shredded.

I did Chest & Back and struggled through Ab Ripper this morning at 8:00 AM. At nearly 9:00PM the same day I am already sore. I'm dreading Plyo tomorrow, but I will lumber through it. I'm also getting a caffeine headache as last night I drank my last Mountain Dew for awhile. I can't kick that stuff; it's like crack. The first week of p90x is horrible.

Sorry that I don't sound very motivated, but that will change by next week. Anybody else starting for the New Year?

14. Linderbee

Linderbee Let's GO, CARDINALS! Contributor

You do sound motivated--don't be hard on yourself--you just know what you're in for, that's all.

I won't do P90X--with my fibromyalgia, it's just not something that would be good for me. I am certain I just couldn't physically function. I screwed up my shoulder pretty bad doing P90, but I'm going to go to the doctor at some point & start that again.

I know how you feel; I lost a bunch of weight 2 years ago, put some back on, lost some for the wedding, put more back on...ugh. I don't like how I look. I'm cutting white flour & white rice out of my diet completely, and will be exercising soon.

You can do it, Folster! You know you can--you have before. :)

15. Folster

Folster The system doesn't work.

Good tip. Yoga is the worst workout because of the length. If it were an hour or less, I'd love it. Where did you order the DVD?