OT: NFL owners considering taking Cowboys from Jerry

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Southpaw, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Ronin

Ronin Mad scientist behind the keyboard Contributor

2. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

But we are also not privy to all the info, who knows what else Jones is saying or doing

blindseyed and Southpaw like this.
  3. ColorWerx

ColorWerx PANTONE 194 C

Jerry still owes me $80 bucks for a gig I did for the Cowboys back in '88 (Tom Landry Appreciation Day).

I say that's the final straw.

:D

daves and Jetstream Green like this.
  4. AZCrazy

AZCrazy Registered

You would think that some of the other owners wouldn't mind ol' Rog getting a pink slip.

5. THESMEL

THESMEL Registered

Oh hell they just sent Jones to the hall of fame! Dirtbags! Where would he be with out 10% of his roster he controls as the GM being suspended. Zeke has many legal complaints but Jones seems to help get the charges dropped? I think if Zeke gets away him and others will continue - just like Brady!

Goodell does what he can but courts allow Zeke to play, so some teams faced him and others don’t, reminds me of those MLB Brewer dirtbags that got to play against Dbacks in the playoffs after busted outright for steroids.

Maybe the fines can be given to players who express great character and never get in trouble, maybe the Cowboys could be fined for every game their players are suspended for- or just sold to Lucifer for a expansion franchise in hell? Just a thought

6. lorenzotexan

lorenzotexan Registered User

Laughable is the term Stephen (the more stable) Jones used in reaction to this report.

FWIW I think the nfl is dumb for trying to continue on with Goodell and I’ve felt this way since the concussion/ray rice scandals. It just goes to show the owners do not care. My problem with Jerry is that he waited too long. As always now he has his own foot in his mouth. He could have spoken out against Goodell at any point in the last decade before the Elliott scandal. But all he did was offer praise for Goodell even when Roger was feverishly going after the likes of the saints and patriots.

Interestingly jones’ Dallas counterpart Mark Cuban has been predicting these nfl struggles for years. Jones did nothing to contest Roger Goodell until it was important to the cowboys. If he had blown the whistle 5 years ago he would have some credibility now to make his case. The other owners see right through him.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Southpaw likes this.
  7. Vacard

Vacard Registered

Jones look after his former players and gave him jobs more than any other owner, even when the player was down in the doldrums and broke, he still listened and supported them. This is when he was not obligated too. I respect Jerry fo that. But other than that I cannot find a reason to hate him other then his kneeling antics.

8. Ronin

9. Ronin

10. AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy Magnanimous

Goodell getting paid $50M a year is absolutely ridiculous. The Packers, who report their balance sheet, made a net profit of $70M last year, and it's safe to say other teams aren't making near as much as that. No reason Goodell should be making as much as an entire NFL team...that's just absurd.

Paso Fino likes this.
  11. Southpaw

Southpaw Provocateur aka Wallyburger Contributor

Who is that player?

12. Vacard

Vacard Registered

There were multiple players he helped out, those who had financial troubles that didnt go through media scrutiny, and of course those with legal troubles that was well publicized. There was a article with a list of players he helped after the game. Going back to the 80's. I think he's also the most player-friendly owner in the league.

13. Southpaw

If you say so. I am aware he bailed out Dez financially after he blew his bonus money on bling and stiffed a bunch of jewelers. Don't know that was the right thing to do. I do not agree that player friendly way is good for the league.

14. Vacard

Vacard Registered

Well thats you. Players are humans as well, you prefer for them not to talk to their employers like Kroenke does with the Rams? Act like they are they are the 40 million dollar slaves that they all, use them for all they have, and cut them lose and never even associate with the team again? I mean if thats what you want, then there are plenty of owners who are like that. Jerry has proven he is not one of them. Take it for what its worth.

15. Southpaw

I was not trying to evoke an argument from you. You made some outstanding claims without any specifics. I thought an actual name or two was worthwhile. Who are the owners "who are like that"?

This event is about him threatening to sue the 31 other owners. Not about his charitable endeavors.

BTW his personal battle with Arthur Blank doesn't seem to be very productive.