On this date...

Discussion in 'Arizona Diamondbacks' started by BillsCarnage, Nov 4, 2017.

1. BillsCarnage

BillsCarnage Registered

2. BC867

BC867 Long time Phoenician! Contributor

'Watching it on TV.

There was another reason why we won -- a stroke of genius on the part of Manager Bob Brenley. The best baseball move I have ever seen.

He chose to start Curt Schilling -- #1a to Randy's #1 -- in Games 1-4-7, with RJ starting Games 2 and 6 and close Game 7 (ALL THREE OF WHICH WERE AT HOME).

Especially with Kim's horrible performance in Games 3-4-5 in New York, it is the reason we were in the position to win it all on Gonzo's beautiful bloop.

3. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

I was in the upper deck going bananas and then partied till closing at The George And Dragon (i think that's where it was... on central).

Flew home from LA to go to all four games at the BOB vividly remember every second of them... save Game 6 where I was blackout drunk by the 3rd inning after getting downtown to "pre-party" at 11 am, thinking the game started at 2 only to realize it actually starts at 5:30.

My favorite memory of the series (save that glorious 9th inning) didn't even happen during a game.

During Game 2, Ouchie and I were sitting near these obnoxious Yankee fans and we were jawing back and forth... mostly in fun. Then, once rip-roaring drunk on our pre-game 6 pub crawl, we walked into Cooperstown and saw those exact same Yankees fan holding a sign that said "BRING IN KIM!!!" And after Games 4 and 5 that sign burned my eyes like a BITCH.

One of my friends turned to the rest of us and said "I'll give anyone..." and before he could even finish, I had a literal "Hold my beer" moment, where i walked over to the guys and said "Hey!" They recognized me and said "Hey!" back. I then pretended to look at what their sign said... repositioned it to be perfectly up right and then...

RIP THAT FREAKING THING IN HALF! You should have the seen the STUNNED looks on those Yankee-Douche's Faces. EVERYONE around us went wild, a shoving match broke out and I got kicked out by a bouncer who was just shaking his head, like... Dude, what are you thinking?

To which I responded "They weren't taking that sign into our stadium." He respected that... but still had to kick me out of the bar.

By the third inning, I was GONZO... awake and alert, but in total blackout world and to do this can't tell you a damn thing that happened after we put an 8 spot on them in the third.

4. AZCrazy

AZCrazy Registered

I was there too, in the worst spot in the house. Walked downtown four hours before the game and bought two standing room only tickets, for a hundred bucks apiece. Top deck standing room above Fridays. Greatest sporty moment of my life.

5. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

IMG_1326.JPG Post Game 7 Bliss

6. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Was going to give your buddy some crap for his disposable camera but I forgot there weren't camera phones yet!

7. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

Watching it at home. After the game ended, hopped in my car and drove downtown, joining thousands of others honking horns, yelling out the windows, etc.

Just rewatched the ninth inning Saturday night

8. BillsCarnage

BillsCarnage Registered

Loved that place. Spent many happy hours there when I worked downtown during the time of the WS.

Just about the same. My friends bailed and didn't want to pay gm7 ticket prices so I went solo and paid $200 or $250 for a seat in the handicapped section by the Yankees bullpen.

Ok, in all the years since I'm not sure anyone else got this shot. Do you know what it is?

PB070012.JPG