Now its about #16, 31, and 59

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by JCSunsfan, May 15, 2018.

1. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

TJ's future with the Suns is in doubt. JJ's progress is clear to everyone, including TJ. I think that is why he showed up so soon to talk to Igor.

So. Who do we draft at #16? I don't think we will be making any other picks. Those will be packaged to move up or for a player.

Players I am interested in:
    1. SGA
    2. Collin Sexton
    3. Shake Milton
    4. Zhaire Smith (he is just going to be a great player, not a position of need).
    5. Mitchell Robinson, depending on the workouts.

Trade up targets:
    Young, Carter, Sexton, Bridges

2. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

I really hope we don't trade that 16th pick unless it's move up. There's a TON of talent in this draft and we can still get a very solid player there to keep adding to this young core.

3. Raindog

Raindog Registered

I agree. It would be cool to package it and get back into the top 10 to get Young or Sexton, but short of that, take another youngster to develop with the current core. It won't do us any harm or slow down the success of the rest of the team. The core talent of the team is still young and will need some seasoning before we can really hit the big time. Another youngster who might also develop into a potential asset won't impede anything.

4. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

I like Shai and Sexton but they are scoring guards. As long as they can shoot and play good D it’s worth a shot. I think we’ll have a vet PG over a rookie.

5. pokerface

pokerface Registered

Even if the suns could move up to #12 that could be enough to help our pg needs.

6. Raindog

Raindog Registered

I expect Young may fall, though likely still in top 10. Sexton may slip out of top 10. Neither will be unattainable if the Suns can find right package and partner to move up.

7. JCSunsfan

Sexton is a physical marvel. He is incredibly fast, agile, and strong. He just needs to be a better passer and shooter.

8. Errntknght

Errntknght Registered User

If Sexton falls below 8 we might be able to move up to get him. All three later picks and a sweetener might do it. The question would probably be whether to sacrifice TJ... I'd go Chriss in a heartbeat. We could also absorb a pretty bad contract as the sweetener.

leclerc likes this.
  9. SirStefan32

SirStefan32 Krycek, Alex Krycek

We've had Bledsoe. Why do you guys want Sexton? Young or bust when it comes t trading up.

leclerc, WildBB, sunsfan88 and 4 others like this.
  10. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

Man, I just don't get the Sexton love. Especially not from a board that has gone ballistic in the past over point guards that can't run the point. Maybe Igor can teach him how to find his teammates, how to pass and how to shoot but that's a lot to ask.

If he's there in the teens and we can get him for 16 and 31 fine but he is not worth emptying the cupboard for. He's great at drawing fouls (at the college level, anyway) but 3.6 assists to 2.8 turnovers per game ought to scare people here a little more IMO.

Poop Head likes this.
  11. pokerface

pokerface Registered

I'd be all over that. But at what price? It could get expensive but probably worth it.

12. JCSunsfan

I would love Young. But if we draft him, Booker has to improve his D a lot.

13. SirStefan32

SirStefan32 Krycek, Alex Krycek

All of our picks (except for #1 obviously), Bucks pick, and pick a player outside of Booker and Jackson. I may protect Bender since I am still hoping Igor makes him pull his head out of his behind.

leclerc likes this.
  14. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Sexton has a great motor so I don’t like the Bledsoe comp but he is super raw.

15. TJ

TJ The Chosen One

Why would TJ’s future be in doubt? JJ is the better player, but Warren would be a great scorer off the bench