Niners Vs. Arizona by position

Discussion in 'Smack Shack' started by 49erTroll, Apr 27, 2010.

1. 49erTroll

49erTroll Registered

http://espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...on-for-nfl-coach-of-the-year?search_query=nfl coach of the year

I mean I know you guys have a good coach but I think you are the first person Ive ever heard say anything even remotly negative about him. Hes only been a coach for one year and hes assembled a top 10 defense. Pivotal in forming the best TE in the league and developing the best LB in the league. His fiery speeches and personal control makes him widely loved by many niner fans. And trust me where a spoiled bunch and where not satisfied easily...

2. Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion

Even if all those comparisons were true, which they're not, you forgot one huge factor:

The Cardinals coaching staff is way better than SF's.

3. RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin D-Fence & Go Cardinals!

LOL.

Yeah, call the Cardinals in Scottsdale, tell them to cancel the season. The facts are out, and we are screwed.

The Niners are improving, and there is no doubt they are the biggest threat to our NFC West defense in 2010.

But we will see.

BTW, You forgot to compare coaching staffs as well.

4. RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin D-Fence & Go Cardinals!

Davis is no where near the best tight end in the league. I would take Health Miller over Davis any day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

Patrick Willis IS the best linebacker in the league by a long shot tho. I don't have too much faith in Singletary as a head coach, but it would be crazy to not think he is turning Willis into a beast through his coaching, and knowledge of the position.

Good thread tho. Nice to stir up the board a little bit on a lazy post-draft weekday. :)

5. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

More important than any other factor discussed. The talent level can be debated, but the difference usually lies with the coaching staff. Whisenhunt has proven that he's special. Singletary's approach will burn the Niners out. He's the Billy Martin of the NFL. Until he gets to the playoffs & beyond, he's no better than Rich Kotite. You can say what you want, but at the end of the day, we are still the two-time defending NFC West Champions. Until that changes, STFU!!!!!!!!

6. Mulli

Mulli ... Contributor

Billy Martin won. A lot. Singletary is Dave McGinnis. Or Dave Wannstedt.

7. Buckybird

Buckybird Hoist the Lombardi Trophy

And you guys still finished 2 games back in the standings & sitting at home for the playoffs :biglaugh:

8. CaptTurbo

CaptTurbo Registered

only way 9ers win the division is if Leinart is a bust.

9. DemsMyBoys

DemsMyBoys Birdgang

I wouldn't worry about it. You're problem will be removing the size 12 EE jump boot that's been inserted up your butt if you don't wake up.

Seriously, I wish you all the luck in the world.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  10. Gee!

Gee! BirdGang Contributor

Coach Pants on the ground Pants on the ground Looking like a fool with his pants on the ground.. Ya, nope, Cant think of one bad thing to say about Singletary..

11. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Banned

Our "D" line produced 17 sacks: Dockett (7) Campbell (7) Branch (1) Robinson (1)

(Campbell 7 sacks as a first year starter. Smith: 6 sacks)

Total sacks: Cards: 43 - SF: 44
    Sacks given up: Card: 26 - SF: 40
    Interceptions: Cards: 21 - SF: 18
    Interceptions given up: Cards: 18 - SF: 14

Gore: 229/1120 - 4.9 - 10 Tds
    Wells 176/793 - 4.5 - 7 Tds (as a rookie)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  12. kerouac9

kerouac9 Blocked by @Cardschatter

It's amazing with your stacked roster that you lost to Seattle and got jackstomped in your own house by Atlanta.

45-10? Man, that must've been a fun game to sit through in that abomination of a stadium.

13. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain DPOY

As you can see, none of us are impressed with Singletary.

He's an OK coach, but the Niners are getting by on young talent and I don't really believe he's a great coach.

The way he ran training camp led to the team sucking in the second half, since there was a lot of hitting. Coach Whisenhunt doesn't really push the players to hit in training camp because it causes the players to wear down at the end of the year.

Think of it this way: Whisenhunt was coaching a Super Bowl team by the end of his second season! I seriously doubt the 9ers will be in a Super Bowl next year.

14. Lagerfilled

Lagerfilled Professional Tailgater

I'm not going to come on here and talk about who's is bigger. What I do know is we are a MUCH better matchup against the Whiners now without Warner. When you're slinging it 45-50 times a game, the 9ers could rush 4 and drop 7. Tee off time. Not anymore! With our power run game and heavy play action, we will have far more success against the 9ers than last year. Mark my words. What concerns me more than anything is stopping their run game when they have two TEs on the field. That will be the key!

15. kerouac9

kerouac9 Blocked by @Cardschatter

Apparently y'all were satisfied with a coach who goes 3-1 to begin the season but ends up 8-8 and only 3-7 against teams who didn't pick in the Top 10 of the NFL draft.

Lots of great coaches have four-game losing streaks in the middle of the season.