Next year's league

Discussion in 'Fantasy Basketball' started by Lefty, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Lefty

Lefty Registered

I don't know how many of the 32 guys who had teams actually tried but if this is a keeper league, we should only be able to save four guys. There is just too many teams and to make it more competitive, keeping only four players will make it more interesting.

2. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

Unfortunately, I don't remember if we decided it or not, but I do know that the plan was to have 4 keepers--maybe 5--but that will be something we can decide on at the end of the season. Assuming we'll still have 30 people that want to continue next season.

3. KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie Going Old School! Contributor

Do you guys have a waiting list to replace someone if they decide not to return next season? If so... may I be included on it?

4. Chaplin

Absolutely. We can use this thread as a "waiting list" easy enough.

Just remember, it's a 30-team keeper league, so the dynamic is a little different.

The commonalities still exist though, mainly that by the time you get to the playoffs, the danger that several teams aren't active is very real. That's just the way that long fantasy seasons are--especially free ones.

5. KingLouieLouie

Please count me in.... I would have joined last year's league, but that was when I was taking my self-imposed hiatus from ASFN and obviously completely missed-out on this in the process....

I'm already in keeper football and baseball leagues, so I must add basketball to my list.......

Anyways... I did browse your initial league related thread and I didnt notice... Does it cost anything to join? Thanks in advance.... I've commissioned/participated in several leagues over the years and Im the type who maintains my roster from start to finish regardless of where Im in.. in the standings....

6. Chaplin

No cost, it's through NBA.com.

7. KingLouieLouie

Thanks... would have joined regardless..but just was curious....

Anyways..... thanks.... please keep me posted (whenever you find out) if there will be any openings.... I'm certain though you wont find out for at least for another cpl months, but I just want to make sure that I jump on the first opportunity.....

Just curious... what categories/stats do you use? How does nba.com compare to Yahoo? Thanks again.. sorry for all these questions...... :)

8. Chaplin

It's totally customizable, I'd have to look to see what stats we're using, but it's just about all the major and a few minor (like negative points for turnovers/technical fouls).

9. Beaver

Beaver Maximum Effort

I'de like to be added to the waiting list too. I must have been gone during sign-up also.