New Suns Uniforms to be Released Today (8/10)

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Folster, Aug 10, 2017.

1. BC867

BC867 Long time Phoenician! Contributor

It actually coined a phrase when General Motors started a new trend 63 years ago in 1954 with the Cadillac, Buick and Oldsmobile -- major automotive styling changes every three years.

The following year, Pontiac and Chevy joined the party, as well as Ford Motor Company and Chrysler Corporation's "Forward Look". Yup, the wrap around front windshield started it. A few years later, Chrysler Corp. even came out with the wrap around and wrap over the top windshield. Then fender fins. Then ultimately, moved on.

Thanks to the preponderance of a TV in every home starting six years earlier and its stream of advertising, people, most of whom couldn't afford it, had to be seen in the new style upgrades. And buying on credit mushroomed. Purchasing something you can't afford with money you don't have to be in vogue.

NBA uniform designs are small potatoes compared to the changes in telephones, computers refrigerators, cars, etc. As Ralph Nader labeled it, planned obsolescence!

2. Poop Head

Poop Head Poster formerly known as kingdad

Thankfully we won't have any orange uniforms this year. I would have liked to have seen the "Western" old school font used but since we just have the purple and white jerseys and no orange ones, I can live with how they are. Never liked the orange jerseys, in any style.

3. Poop Head

The Suns have a black alternate uniform this season, which isn't bad. Also it looks like Jackson will wear #20 for the season, he wore #99 in Summer League. If they're selling Jackson #20 jersey's and took pictures of him wearing that number then I think that's official.

4. Ronin

Ronin Mad scientist behind the keyboard Contributor

Mainstreet likes this.
  5. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

This isn't the black alternate for this season. You can see that is still an Adidas uniform and it's simply a special one using the old design. Pretty sure that will not be our alternate this season since we are going with Nike and have forgone that sun ray design.

6. Poop Head

I'm not sure if that will be the design or not but another brand selling replica's can't be that odd. I know Nike is in charge of official uniforms this year and that's adidas but don't other companies make replicas? I was sharing that more because Jackson's number had been decided since he wore something like 85 in Summer League.

7. Chaplin

What do you mean? That simply looks like Adidas continuing to sell it's swingman jersey in last year's design, but just with Jackson's name on it. That's why it's a "special" edition, because Jackson will never wear that style in a game. My guess is that they produced a limited number of those jerseys and we'll slowly see them disappear as the season goes on.

8. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

the more I look at the roadies, the more I like it. Back to the real deep purple is nice. Home's I'm not crazy about, but I don't hate.

9. Folster

Folster The system doesn't work.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  10. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Kinda look like WNBA jersey

devilalum and jf-08 like this.
  11. Chaplin

Although I like the design of the new uniforms the team are currently wearing better than last year's, Nike hasn't really done a good job on this switch as a whole. Considering the uniform above and the fact that you can easily rip the current jerseys.

12. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

devilalum likes this.
  13. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

I wish the Jazz would wear theirs here.

14. 95pro

95pro Registered

omg thats awful

15. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

Agreed. The Los Suns thing is really stupid. You have to put an article in front of the name to make it Spanish? Really?

We could go Italian and make our il gruppo, "Il Suns."

And that grey and green for the Celtics is hideous.