New Star Wars MMORPG

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Zeno, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

Its been fun so far although I had a couple of crashes.

I created a Smuggler/Gunslinger and so far it is a cool character class...up to Lvl 11 but I am done for the night.

2. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

Early access started today for those that pre-ordered the game. I was in the second email wave and played from about 8:30 AM until I went to work, got my Jedi Knight to level 10 then had to quit.

So far it is a fun game, not a ton different from other MMORPG's but it has Star Wars music & themes so I am sold.

The game goes live to everyone on the 20th.

3. ArizonaSportsFan

ArizonaSportsFan Registered User

I got in in this morning's second wave. Just jumped in to create some toons and then had to leave for work. :(

4. Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!

Still waiting for an email for early access. :(

5. ArizonaSportsFan

I am on The Harbinger (PvE West - Republic) and on The Prophecy of Five (PvP East - Guild - Empire). Main toon is "Demophilus" on both. Where are you Zeno?

6. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

I am on Krayt Dragon in the Scruffy Nerf Herders guild with my Jedi Sentinel "Zeno" and guild less on Tarro Blood with my Imperial Agent "Cooper". (Agent Cooper one of my favorite TV characters ever).

Got up to level 17 with my Jedi last night, did my first space battle, which was cooler than I expected.

7. ArizonaSportsFan

Awesome - I may start a toon on one of those. Looking for a non-PvP imperial, and Tarro Blood sounds like as good a place as any for an evil inquisitor...

Edit: I added some empire alts to TB and some republic alts to KD. I'll look you up if you are on later...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  8. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

I haven't played much with Cooper as I am trying to level up my Jedi but I am stuck right now on a mission I can't get past, I cruise through the minions with no problem but the boss keeps kicking my butt. I thought I would have a problem as the boss is level 16 and I am now level 18, although I started trying to do it right before I got to 17. The mission requires I use my droid as a companion character and he is dead 20 secs in to the fight every time so I am getting frustrated. Went and did a bunch of space missions to level from 17 to 18 and then tried again, I've tried like 8 times now....irritating and I don't have any other quests available until I finish that one (aside from Heroics or Flashpoints).

I am hoping I can find someone from my guild willing to group with me tonight Sony can finish it....otherwise I may just work on getting my Agent up to 10 tonight.

9. Cardinals.Ken

Finally got the early invite...the irony is that I'm at work, and will not be able to play until much later tonight!

10. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

What kind of machines you guys running to play this?

11. Cardinals.Ken

I don't remember all my spec's off the top of my head, but I just upgraded to an AMD Phenom II x2, an ATI 6770, and 8GB of DDR3 1600 RAM.

I was able to run SW:TOR during the Thanksgiving stress-test beta without any lag. It should run even smoother now.

12. HeavyB3

HeavyB3 Unregistered User

I am a Jedi Consular. Fun so far.

13. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

I have been using mostly my Jedi Sentinel, up to level 29 right now and I have soloed every mission (save 1 Heroic on Tatooine). I have a couple missions that are ridiculously tough though that I am waiting until I level up before I try to beat the "boss" again.

I haven't played much at all with my other characters though so I may give it a rest with the Jedi and try to level up my others....queues on the server are out of control right now, I had 500+ in front of me last night so on nights like that I may switch over.

14. Cardinals.Ken

This is weird...I received an email from Bioware congratulating me on making it to level 10, and offering me a series of links of links to advice, maps, and details on what to do next.

15. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

Thats cool, I didn't get anything like that. Maps would be nice to have. I would have thought that would have been included with the collectors edition but nope...