Networking thread

Discussion in 'Finance, Investments, and Careers' started by maddogkf, May 10, 2005.

1. ActingWild

ActingWild Rom 8:38-39

A New Career for AW...PEO

Well, I recently made the switch from Mortgages and Real Estate to working with the largest PEO in Arizona, Diversified Human Resources. (Had a great time doing mortgages for nearly 6 years, but man, the market is just awful right now).

Anyway, if anyone knows of a business owner or IS a business owner that could use our services, please let me know.

In a nutshell, we're like Paychex or ADP but on HGH. We not only handle the payroll but partner with the business owner to provide employee benefits (401k, health, dental, vision, etc) that they otherwise couldn't afford, worker's comp, risk management, employee handbooks, recruiting, training, helping keep the compliant with state and federal regulations as well as reduce the employment exposure by assuming the liability for the unemployment taxes.

So, we basically give small to medium sized businesses a corporate sized HR Department that also assumes some liability at the fraction of the cost of hiring just 1 part time HR person.

If you know anyone that could use a service like ours, please contact me through PM or:

[email protected] or call me at (602)509-4220

Adam

2. GreenCard

GreenCard Registered User

I am opening a cat house -- will be running it by hand until I get some girls.[​IMG]

3. offset

offset i have a special purpose

4. Phill11

Phill11 The Payphone Man

5. Hollywood

Hollywood is part black.

Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    I have started doing electric work again. I have actually forgotten how much I like it. So, if anyone needs an electrician send me a PM.

Troubleshooting
    Ceiling fans
    Extra outlets
    Dedicated outlets
    Etc...

6. ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS ONE HEART BEAT!!!

For those of you who own a small business or who handle IT/Tech stuff, or sell it I am am the pricing and support manager for a nationwide telecommunications consulting firm. Basically, we have a direct agreement with every major provide of voice/data/cellular services nationwide. Because of this, we save almost every business we work with time and money, and we're also an objective opinion that provides support through the life of the contract.

Please let me know if this is of use for you or your clients. We have many people who make nice money on the side referring business to us.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  7. boisesuns

boisesuns Standing Tall And Traded

Custom Electric Guitars and Hand Wound Pickups

Just found this thread, so I thought i'd share what I do. I build custom electric guitars (Acoustics too) as well as custom wind all types of electric guitar pickups. Things have been taking off a little more as of late, but it's still in the beginning stages. If you know anyone who is interested, please help pass the word along. We're also looking for dealers as well, so if any of you know some good AZ music stores worth targeting, let me know.

www.porterguitars.com
    www.porterpickups.com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  8. MaoTosiFanClub

MaoTosiFanClub What Goes Around Comes Around

This thread should really get more run but...

I partnered up with a former employee of mine to start a new biz maintaining and repairing pools. I'm handling the marketing end of it while he's out doing the work. Been just a few weeks and already he's working a bunch of accounts.

www.mostvaluablepropertyservices.com

Also going to be starting up a consulting side deal sometime soon helping small family run companies in the labor/construction field improve their revenue which I'll post here.

9. Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl Stand down Contributor

Looking for some free publicity for your charity or business?

I have more than 10 years experience in strategic planning, crisis management, media relations, special events planning and copywriting. I can assist you with news releases, special events, websites, brochures, direct mail pieces, newsletters and advertisements.

I am offering my services pro bono since I have been out of the field for a few years and am trying to build up my resume again. If you can be somewhat flexible (I teach special education during the day), then I would be happy to help you. Writing samples and references available, if desired.

10. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

I don't need your services, but are you looking only in the AZ area? Or are you considering a move back east?

Just curious.

11. Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl Stand down Contributor

AZ.

12. Duckjake

Duckjake Registered

I'm working on a Charity Golf Tournament. We need help marketing to potential players and sponsors. Think you could help out? PM me your email address and I'll send you our Brochure.

13. HeavyB3

HeavyB3 Unregistered User

This thread never gets used, but I'll throw some advertising in for myself.

I'm an insurance broker that sells personal auto, home and business/commercial insurance. I recently saved Linderbee and Dreamcast some money on their auto and home insurance. My philosophy is that it never hurts to check it out, especially if you've had the same carrier for a while. If you own a business, you should let me take a look at your GL, Property and workers comp insurance (and whatever else you have).

Shoot me a PM if you want me to take a look.

14. Linderbee

Linderbee Let's GO, CARDINALS! Contributor

He actually saved us a good chunk of money, and the whole process was ALMOST painless! ;)

I do personally recommend giving him a call; can't hurt to see if he can do better for you.

15. cardncubfan

cardncubfan H

Bryan, I'll contact you next week. I'd like to see if I can get cheaper auto insurance. With 4 cars & 2 daughters living at home it's pretty pricey. :p