My XBOX sucks.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chaz, Aug 21, 2005.

1. phxrising

phxrising Registered

+1 as the drive only has to ready each game once and then it reads it off the HD.

2. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

??? It still reads the disc, not the HD.

3. phxrising

phxrising Registered

I only have to use the disc to copy the image the first time and then the game is played from the hard drive. From that point on no disc ever needed again for that game.

4. Chaz

Chaz observationist

I called XBOX support and they are going to fix the 360.
    :thewave:

5. Chaplin

My xbox is not modded with a new hard drive. I just have discs with multiple games on it depending on the size--the normal xbox hard drive only has room for 2 or 3 games on it. Cuts down on load times, but load times aren't bad for the xbox anyway, so it's not a big deal.

You obviously have it modded with a new hard drive--unless you can only do it game by game? That kinda sucks.

6. phxrising

phxrising Registered

120 gig drive, holds about 50 games at any given time and every MAME game out there. They just pull up on the menu and you pick what you want to play.

It will also play the copied game discs without putting on the hard drive and import games.
    (how yours is set up I believe)

I think you can go bigger then the 120 gig drive now but at the time that was the limitation.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  7. Chaplin

At the time I modded the machine, I didn't think it was a big deal. And it really isn't--I now have something like 300 games I don't play, most of them on multi-game discs, but some that are singles. Along with a 4-disc set that includes old arcade, new arcade, first gen and second gen consoles, and just about every portable ever made (except the most recent ones).

Saving grace is definitely the fast load times on the system. Never had any issues with that. There are times when discs might come through as bad, or unable to load, but I just reburn. (I don't rent and copy, I think I've only "copied" one or two games total)

I don't really play that much anymore and I don't burn anymore.

8. phxrising

phxrising Registered

Agree with load times, my saving grace is all discs are put away. I got three kids so their top games are loaded on the system and my youngest is 3. This way I don’t have to worry about scratched discs or them disappearing.
    Also if I’m not going to make a disc and just copy to the HD and leave it there it only takes about 8 min to copy. Helps avoid burning time.

9. dogpoo32

dogpoo32 meh

I only got 2 weeks into my season on last year's madden because my X Box scrathced my disc. So I threw it outside and some kid took it.