Miller once again does it again!

Discussion in 'University of Arizona' started by Lefty, Sep 13, 2012.

1. TJ

TJ Future G.O.A.T.

2. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Adidas programs are sweating bullets: ASU, Kansas, Indiana, UCLA (switched to Under Armor at the right time)...

3. DWKB

DWKB Registered

Just curious, did you read the article?

4. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

LA TImes had a story yesterday saying the feds had seized computers from the entire USC staff and it was believed they had done the same thing with Arizona and OK State.

5. Russ Smith

Yeah I agree with DWKB all that says is there's a document or documents in their investigative file relating to Adidas and Kansas, it in no way says it's about violations or payments. It stands to reason they would subpoena contracts for major schools that had Adidas deals at the time, I'm sure there's one for Louisville and UCLA and Indiana too.

I don't get why the Kansan is saying it contradicts what the University said either, there's nothing in there that says Kansas was told that information had been subpoenaed, it probably came from adidas, not Kansas?

Edit, a friend is a big Duke fan and Duke papers got the exact same letter saying they had info on Duke and Nike but can't release it. They were also told the letter is a form letter the FBI uses and that it's entirely possible there isn't even a document about Duke in the file they just send out that letter to anybody that filed a Freedom of Information Act

6. TJ

TJ Future G.O.A.T.

I never said anything about payments or violations; I said they're likely being investigated by the FBI.

I've been forthcoming that everyone is going to be under a microscope, which includes prominent Adidas schools. What can be reasonably inferred from this article is that KU is being looked at by the FBI. Whether or not anything of substance comes from that remains to be seen, but no one should be surprised, including KU fans.

7. TJ

TJ Future G.O.A.T.

They asked for Miller's and his assistants' computers.

8. Russ Smith

I'm not sure that's true although I agree it eventually will happen.

From what I've read all this letter is, is a form letter response to anybody filing for freedom of information act. They file saying we want information on Kansas and Adidas and get a letter back saying there's documents in the file but it's an active file. The thing is, EVERYONE that files for information gets the same letter. Duke and Devils Den got it for Duke and Nike, multilple Kentucky sites got it etc. And they are claiming that the FBI told them, it's a form letter, there is no guarantee there actually is a document in the file on your school, but if there is, we can't release it because it's an active investigation.

I fully agree there are going to be more schools, but I don't think this story is proof of anything it's just the FBI response to all the FOIA filings.

9. DWKB

DWKB Registered

Just tap out TJ. When it comes to your hatred of KU, just tap out, man.

10. TJ

TJ Future G.O.A.T.

Awesome job taking that way out of proportion.

BTW---I hate KU so much that I professionally collaborated with their academic department over spring. But you wouldn't know that because you're too busy throwing a tantrum over insignificant details.

11. DWKB

DWKB Registered

:D Cool

12. TJ

TJ Future G.O.A.T.

Rock Chalk

13. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

There's nothing wrong with the KU bball program. In fact, if recruiting is going to suck the next few years we should follow the Bill Self method of gathering low-character transfers. Got to fill the roster somehow. ;)

14. DWKB

DWKB Registered

Oh UofA grabs low character transfers, they just don't get talented ones (Peters).

I will say this, unlike Miller, I could never imagine Lute paying his players. I mean they were such starving students they had to break into vending machines to even eat.

15. Russ Smith

If I were a UA or USC fan I'd be nervous right now. With the NCAA allowing UNC to walk away free and clear, the pressure on the NCAA to hammer someone is going to be huge.

Sean's going to be doing a lot of "I'll stand by my statement" interviews for awhile now