Miller once again does it again!

Discussion in 'University of Arizona' started by Lefty, Sep 13, 2012.

1. TJ

TJ Future G.O.A.T.

Certainly not going to complain about UofA having 4 min of national exposure

2. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

He did? Ugh that's disgusting. I mean cmon I know you've got money but you create a monster when there's nothing left for him to look forward to. There are a ton of cool cars that he could've loved that aren't friggin' lambos. I'm going to be shocked if he ends up being a good player. You don't have to come from poverty to have hunger, but you've got to have hunger and a kid that's gotten everything always rarely possesses that extra level of grit.

3. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Agreed free PR. And now shaq will like uofa like bill Walton.

4. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Yeah that's the knock, as I said Shaq should have taken him to some playgrounds in the ghetto when he was younger so he got tougher. But as I said before Miller can be the perfect coach for him, he's either going to get tougher, or not play and transfer out. My prediction is he probably transfers before he's a junior, but maybe he'll surprise me and actually take the constructive criticism to his benefit. Which is where Romar comes in handy as the guy you go vent to after Miller rips you to shreds in practice.

One of the common points on him when he was younger was scouts questioned whether he loves to play or just plays because his dad is Shaq, he doesn't seem to really love the game and his inconsistent effort reflects that.

That won't fly with Miller so he'll either learn to play hard, or won't play.

5. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Man I just don't get not having the love of basketball. Particularly if you've been blessed with god given athleticism and size. What I wouldn't have given for those two things when I was younger.

6. GatorHater

GatorHater Registered

Score one for Russ. Good thing Randolph is coming in.

Williams
    Akot
    O'Neal
    Cherry
    Bol Bol (or Jeter)

7. Russ Smith

Surprise to me I thought we preferred Jules Bernard, I know I prefer him but maybe we'll get them both. Singleton is good but has a very low push release on his shot, not sure he can get that off consistently in college unless he grows a few more inches. VEry good player and he plays defense. Bernard is a better athlete I prefer him but happy to get Singleton who I too thought was going to UA.

8. GatorHater

GatorHater Registered

He reminds me of Trier a little bit. Not the quickest feet but gets to where he wants. Heard he led his team to a state title this year.

Is UCLA going hard after Jeter and Bol? Assuming so since Welsh and Golloman will be done. Miller and Alford could go down to the wire there.

9. Russ Smith

I don't think he's Trier good but he's good. Josh Gershon confirmed that UCLA is still very actively after Bernard and still the perceived leader for him as well. I don't like Bol I think he's going to have all sorts of academic issues and while he's long and skilled I don't think he's that good.

UCLA has one ride right now with Ike signing with an agent. My guess is they're waiting on Welsh and holiday but they seem to think both will come back, some are speculating Holiday might leave, Ike's agent is also Jrue Holiday's agent so there's some speculation he may be gone too.

The big rumor for a couple of weeks has been Bagley wants to reclass to 2017 and come to UCLA this year, I suspect that's why they haven't taken Jeter who apparently wants to come to UCLA. I think they're waiting for Bagley to decide since clearly they'd take 1 year of him over 2 years playing of jeter. There are also rumors Bagley will go to Kentucky with the whole family so who knows.

The best case rumor is Bagley comes to UCLA this year and then next year Jordan Brown joins the class

10. GatorHater

GatorHater Registered

Probably going down to Miller vs the SoCal schools. Definitely a clearer path to play here with Hands-McLaughlin/Thornton at the others should they stay thru next year.

Apparently before Romar got fired Washington was the Crystal Ball pick of 5* PG Immanuel Quickley so there's options.

11. Russ Smith

My understanding is UA is the clear leader on Williams. UCLA and SC are trying to get in on him but he seems to be a heavy UA lean.

UCLA allegedly has good connections to Tre Jones brother of Tyus. Ironically enough the biggest connection is new Assistant Tyus Edney. The dad named Tyus Jones after Tyus Edney but of course he went to Duke, Tre is seen as a backup plan for Duke and the claim is the dad is now very on board with Tre going to UCLA unless Duke makes him a priority. I don't think the dad knows Edney he was just a fan.

12. TJ

TJ Future G.O.A.T.

13. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Okay that's some good news