Michael Stone Comeback

Discussion in 'ASFN Hall of Fame' started by footballstone, Jul 31, 2003.

1. footballstone

footballstone Free Agent

Okay, it's time for all of you Michael Stone haters to eat your words this season. He hasn't had a chance to get on the field at all and I believe its because of bad coaching. Mike Stone is one of the most talented and quickest CB's on the field and he will let you know it this season.

There is a new coach who knows what the hell he is doing as far as development, and contrary to popular belief, Stone is no dumb cookie. (3.5 GPA in Architecture) He wll turn the tables this season and is already making headway in camp. It is amazing how you fans speak with so little intelligence. Just because you see Stone not playing, or worse players starting over him, does not mean that he sucks. It may be political. It may be coahing. It may be that certain previous coaches were only concerned about playing "their selections." I happened to come upon this website and the ignorance just sickened me. This kid has more talent than a little bit and I do believe that he will get his shot. He is smarter that anyone out there, trust me, I know him. And the only reson that certain players were playing over him is that they had certain connections (ie: Michigan State) with the old coach. You guys really need to get a clue and know what you are talking about before you type your little opinions into your little computers.

If Stone is so little and scrawny, how can he bench 225 lbs. 17 times in a minute? How much can you jerks bench, sitting behind you computer, or in front of the TV? Maybe 95 lbs, if you're lucky! So please spare us all with all that talking out the side of your necks cause someone who knows what they are talking about might just come back and clown your asses on it. :eek: :oops:

2. spanky

spanky Registered

Quite a first post.......you'll get an earful on this topic.

3. EndZone

EndZone Registered User

Hello Mike! Nice to have a player posting on the board.

Acutally KVB had a 3.8GPA

4. arthurracoon

arthurracoon The Cardinal Smiles

Welcome!!!

:thumbup:

5. EndZone

EndZone Registered User

I don't think any of us play professional football....but neither does Mike...keyword being PLAY!

6. RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin Registered

I happened to come upon this website and the ignorance just sickened me. This kid has more talent than a little bit and I do believe that he will get his shot. He is smarter that anyone out there, trust me, I know him. And the only reson that certain players were playing over him is that they had certain connections (ie: Michigan State) with the old coach. You guys really need to get a clue and know what you are talking about before you type your little opinions into your little computers.

WOAH there Cowboy.

First off I like Stone very much, and would like to see him playing.

2nd off How about saying hello, and reading the posts for a couple days before passing judgement on everyone. Comming in here a handing our insults are not going to get you anywhere. Come down, make your point, and we will respond. Please just be a little more repsectfull.

3rd your a rookie so get me a cheesesteak, and a root beer.

Peace :p

cardncubfan likes this.
  7. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain DPOY

Huh?

Everytime Stone has played, he's looked like utter dogshit.

We want him to succeed, but he looks absolutely clueless every time he plays. The tools are there, but the instincts are not.

8. SECTION 11

SECTION 11 vibraslap

We all know that the true measure of a quality CB is their gpa in Architecture and their bench press...

I had about a 3.5 gpa in Architecture, and I'm pretty sure I have better turn in my hips than Stone does.

You act like this is one big personal vendetta against him. That's just ridiculous.

For the record, Tango has always been a Stone fan, while the rest of us have cramps in our fingers from keeping them crossed for so long.

9. EndZone

EndZone Registered User

In fact I loved the Stone pick and I hope he proves worthy of it someday. He is a tremendous athlete! If he can put it all together he would be very good.

10. EndZone

EndZone Registered User

Nice post and then leave!

11. Redheart

Redheart Stack 'em up!

Welcome???

As far as Stone goes, he may have potential, and you certainly have a rational (some may read that excuses, but I won't...no, I won't...the HELL I won't). BUT he has to perform when he get his chances. I will be at the scrimmage and I WILL be watching, for yet another set of Stone-opportunities.

Usually first-time posters are warmly welcomed on this board.

We even let you treat us to a virtual lunch. Considering how you walked in the door...nothing for me, thanks.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2003
  12. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Sorry but I was born in Missouri(parents called it misery) so he has to show me. The talent is obvious but he couldn't even get on the field on special teams much of his time here I can't believe that's because he didn't go to Michigan State.

We passed on Shaun Rogers among others to take him, that's why he doesn't get a lot of slack here, he was a very high pick who hasn't panned out yet.

I hope you're right but I'm very skeptical.

13. SECTION 11

SECTION 11 vibraslap

Nobody doubts his athleticism, but the NFL junkyard is littered with elite atheletes.

He had a 3.4 gpa by the way.

14. CardinalChris

CardinalChris Big Man Himself

Stone has the same problem many Cardinal CB have shown. They are fine until the ball is thrown. They can't adjus to a ball in the air. What happens? Great coverage, pass slightly off, WR makes the adjustment, AZ CBs don't, completion.

Scouts call it "ball skills" and our DB have lacked it with a few exceptions over the past decade. It's why Tom Knight is a pipe dream, and unless Stone shows he can do this, strength, intellignce and little else matter. How do you think Renaldo Hill is stil lon this team? HE JUST MAKES PLAYS, and that covers up some of the questions about his speed.

15. footballstone

footballstone Free Agent

Well hello everyone. This is not Mike Stone posting, so save me the sarcasm. Let me introduce myself. I am a devoted fan and family member of Mike Stone in Detroit. And for the record, I have been reading all of your posts for the past couple of months, but never replied until today. The reason why Mike looks like "dog ****" when he plays is that they have just switched his position to safety. He has never played safety in his life. It may be a little difficult to relearn all the plays.

Also, I'm not trying to attach anyone on the board, I just don't understand how you guys can have all these speculatory chats when you have only seen him in a couple of games. What are you basing your ridicule on? When you saw him once or twce? If anything, you need to blame the coaches for this dissapointing performance that is mentioned so much. I mean, come on.... You are going to take a 25 year old kid and drag his name through the mud because he hasn't gotten a chance to play? How do you think he would feel if he saw this website? What a way to boost the confidence level of our players. I just think that he should have a chance to screw up before we label him a "complete bust". And makes jokes about this or that. It's all nonsense.:roll: