Memories of Tim

Discussion in 'ASFN Hall of Remembrance' started by Mike Olbinski, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski Formerly Chandler Mike Contributor

I don't know if this is the right thing to do or not, but I felt like I needed to do something to remember him. I want to put something up on the frontpage about him, with memories and images from you guys.

I guess a sort of ASFN Memorial for Tim.

So what I'm asking is this...post your funny or sad or whatever stories about Tim. Please keep this thread focused on that. Any pictures you have would be awesome too. Anything really. I'll try to put something together this week.

I don't always get to spend a ton of time on every board, or even on the site all the time, so I am not always up to date on everyone. If you could post some other stuff about Tim...his age, last name, and any other family he has, etc, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

2. 100%CardsFan

100%CardsFan 100% embarrassed

Everytime I saw Tim and hs brother KrazyKoot, I would do this little "KrazyKoot Dance" for Koot and Tim would laugh so hard. Then come up and give me a big hug and tell me "I love you man" I would say the same and I could tell he really did. Tim was very protective of his friends and loved ones, if you were fortunate enough to have Tim in your life, he would give you the shirt off his back. I would have never met Tim or Gee or Bleedingred or Diehard and O if it wasnt for these Cardinals boards and this team. Our crew is as close to me as my family. This one really really hurts.....

3. Gee!

Gee! BirdGang Contributor

Greatest thing I learned from Tim is this..

Take no **** off anyone, thing or battle, you can beat anything and you will..

4. former user 1

former user 1 Registered

I think Gee will be the only one to understand this, but here's a memory I have of Tim:

I once got a phone call while I was at work. I wasn't expecting it. I answered and I hear this goofy drunk guy ask, "do you masturbate at work?" I didn't know what to say. lol

It was Tim. I told him to "jerky it." ....

:)

5. O

O LD @ F.O.H.

Amen brother.

6. Diamondback Jay

Diamondback Jay Psalms 23:1

King, Harley and I bagging on Idaho a few years back is STILL one of my favorite internet memories.

7. KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie Going Old School! Contributor

Tim posted the following which was the 1st ever ASFN article... I knew he took a lot of pride in this:

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/storypage.php?Story_ID=17&Category=cardinals

8. Gee!

Gee! BirdGang Contributor

Ive tried to think of things to saybut this one stands out and just made me laugh and Chandler Mike prolly knows all about this..

One nite late at nite about 6 months I got a call from Tim.. This is when he was banned for a year in here.. He was drunk,, lol, of course or he wouldnt have called me at 3 am lol.. Anyway he was going off about something and I could here his keyboard typing away.. I asked him whats going on.. He wasnt pissed but having a great time.. He explained to me that him and Chandler Mike had been pming each other back and forth and he was still questioning why he had been banned for a year lol.. Like I said he wasnt pissed.. I never knew he was always up late at nite firing off pm's to people.. Over the course of one of them late nite calls I realized its whats Tim did to occupy his time.. Most likely not to thing about things too much.. He was having a great time questioning Chandler Mike about his banning.. Like I said he wasnt mad, just having a grand ole time knowing he was prolly a thorn in the side of Mike that nite..

It wasnt just Mike he did that to.. He would repeatedly fire off emails to Dan Bickley letting him know how much he didnt appreciate his articles too.. lol

Thats all I got to say right now and remembering that made me laugh.. Wasnt trying to talk mess about Mike or anyone.. Just that Mike had started this thread and thats the first thing that popped in my head..

9. Linderbee

Linderbee Let's GO, CARDINALS! Contributor

Gee, we know you aren't trying to talk mess...you're cool--for today, I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about the mods. I know you must be hurting pretty bad, and I'm glad you were able to think of something to make you laugh.

10. O

O LD @ F.O.H.

Frank N Pine

KOC and Gee take me to PWI school.

11. bleedingred

bleedingred Registered

I'm not sure which season this was because the tailgates tend to distort time for me but I do know it was Lot D at SDS. We were tearing it up pretty good after the game when a handful of hispanic gangbangers show up. Tim welcolmed them over and offered up some beer, we ended up having a great time and proceeded to get faced. These guys were pretty hard core and although they thought we were cool I was still a little uneasy hanging with them, especially watching the way Tim and Kevin(Koot) were verbally thrashing them.

As the night wound down we found ourselves to be the last ones there which is kinda normal for the crew. We had packed up and were ready to roll when the southside bangers asked for a ride. Now I'm a pretty trusting soul but there is no way in Hell I'm taking these guys anywhere, especially down to their hood! Tim says "Sure Man! Hop in!" They were gone. We had no idea what to do, I still don't know what KoC and Koot Dog were thinking!

These crazy suckers ended up in the southside barrio partying all night with the vatos. The gang thought these white boys were nuts but saw what the rest of us see in them. Needless to say Tim and Kevin became honorary members of the brotherhood. They are probably the only two people I have ever met in my life that could have pulled that one off. Tim was fearless, intelligent, hilarious and slightly off center...one of a kind indeed!

:cheers:

12. Brian

Brian PANEM ET CIRCENSES

This is my favorite pm between Tim and I.

It was during the Idahocardsfan bash fest. I miss him.

Re: We

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HarleyRider
    We are going to hell.

The express elevator, going down.

KOC:

Hey man, if your there I am sure we'll figure out a way to fvck with someone down there too.

13. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

I have always felt that Tim's greatest gifts to those who knew him was his acceptance of others regardless of their flaws and his willingness to always be himself. He was never a different person in different situations, he was just Tim. With Tim you knew where you stood and you never had to wonder if his opinion changed when you were not around.

Those are rare and precious gifts. They are qualities that any man or woman can admire. Perhaps the best way we can honor Tim is to remember his strengths, learn from them, and be better people because of them.

14. ArizonaElvis

ArizonaElvis Registered

I hear that! I just met Tim & Koot last year and spent the weekend with them. After one weekend they were both like I'd known them my whole life and will always be brothers.

15. Lefty

Lefty Registered

I don't post much on the other board but I thought I would post a few of Tim's. Just reading them made me smile.

09-11-2006, 08:30 PM
    KingofCards
    Real Old School Join Date: Jan 2006

During preseason this old lady in front of me kept complaing about me yelling and using bad language.

First thing I did this game when she turned around to yell about it was yell in her face:

"Listen you old *****, I am going to yell all I want and use what ever language I want all year long. You better get ******* used to it and if you don't like it you can pray to your God for me. Now turn the **** around and sit the **** down!" She goes turned around and I didn't hear a peep from her again.

#1 09-10-2006, 12:00 AM
    KingofCards
    Real Old School Join Date: Jan 2006

All OLD Ladies in Section 118

I am going to swear in your ear tomorrow.

You better just turn around and shut up.