Many Thanks From The Skane Family

Discussion in 'ASFN Hall of Remembrance' started by Skinner, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Skinner

Skinner Free Agent

Hi, my name is Mike, Jim was my big brother and my hero!! As I'm sure you can imagine, this last week has been extremely difficult for our family. Before I fly out to Arizona I want to thank all of you for your support and kind words. I've been drawn to ASFN quite often these past few days and was amazed at the outpouring of love and affection you have all shown for my brother. Jim has often spoken about many of you and I recognize some of your names from our conversations. For those of you who knew him, you know what a special man he truly was...the strength, kindness, compassion and love he always showed, even in times of incredible difficulties, never ceased to amaze me.

Thanks to Fred for keeping everybody updated and for always being a great friend. Jim was truly a lucky man to have had you in his life.

I will be sure to share all your posts with my mother. I know she will find comfort in knowing that Jim touched your lives in such a profound way.

Thank you again from all of us.

Mike Skane

2. blindseyed

blindseyed I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita

He meant a ton around here, your Mom , you and your whole family can be extremely proud of Jim. We all are!

3. jf-08

jf-08 Administrator; Rules Creator Contributor

Jim was pretty damn cool. He will be missed. He brought a lot of people together and we will be forever grateful.

4. Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl Stand down Contributor

I can't say anything better than that. He brought so many strangers together and made them a family. I don't think there is a greater feat that can be accomplished.

5. Catfish

Catfish Registered

Our condolences to your entire family Mike. I never met Jim, yet he treated me with care and compassion when I first posted on this site. He encouraged me to continue posting, and made me feel welcome, though I was far from computer literate. Over time I have come to see that he is indeed special, and he will be missed greatly by all of us who post here. Because of the loss that all of us feel, I can only try to imagine how deep your loss is felt. God bless your whole family Mike.

6. Reddog

Reddog Registered

Thanks Mike. Your brother touched a lot of peoples lives. Having only met him in person a couple of times over the last ten years I feel like beyond his football passions, a little history on his accident and his sense of fairness as expressed on the board we don't really know that much about him. I for one would like to know more about Jim and his life. So maybe down the road a bit someone from the family could write a little biographical piece that we can leave up on the site with some pictures so everyone can better know the guy we have shared the board with for so many years. Have a safe trip and take care. This can't be easy.

7. Mitch

Mitch Crawled Through 5 FB Fields

Thanks so much, Mike, for reaching out to us in your time of grief. I am so glad that you, your mom and the Skane family are able to see what a profound and lasting impact Jim has had on all of us. And thank you for including us in your thoughts, for I cannot tell you how much it means to us to hear from you and to be able to grieve with you.

For those of us who live far away, if at some point, if you have the chance, we would love to read your favorite eulogy of Jim. That would be a privilege and an honor to read.

Thank you again, Mike, for being so kind. God bless Jim and the entire Skane family.

8. RedViper

RedViper Registered

Thanks for taking the time to share that with us Mike. Quite simply, Skkorpion was the best guy here. And there are some terrific people that post here and follow this board. But Skkorp was the best. There was nothing better than having Skkorp weigh in on one of your threads. His knowledge, evenness, decency and leadership came across in spades. Not that he agreed with everyone, but when he did it definitely made you feel better about your position. And if he didn't agree you probably might take a second look. And he was never a jerk about it. That guy had the patience of Job and although he set up some brilliant and simple rules which he held to, he was the last guy that would ever give up on anyone. There is no way to replace someone like that. Even though he never met many of us in person, Skkorp had a profound effect on a ton of people. We were sure lucky to have him. I can't believe he's gone. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

9. Mulli

Mulli ... Contributor

Very well said.

10. Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski Formerly Chandler Mike Contributor

Thanks Mike for stopping by, I'm so glad his family knows about this place and the love everyone had for him.

Maybe we'll get to meet you today.

11. Carddan

Carddan Average Fan

Mike, thank you for posting here. We will miss your brother in a way hard to explain. I only met him once in person. When I first came to this site I only knew I was drawn to the wisdom, wit, passion and compassion of his posts. It wasn't until much later that I learned he was it's founder, and that the respect and appreciation I had for him was shared by so many others. Jim made the world a better place, just as he made so many of us better by having known him. We will not forget who he expected us to be and the way we should treat each other.

12. WildBB

WildBB BB - BIG BIRD

Thank you Mike. We'll always have a place here for Jim's Bro. Hang out with his crew sometimes.

13. nidan

nidan Oscar Contributor

Am still majorly bummed at not being able to make it, Brighteyes went but i just couldn't get off work

I will miss Jim

14. JeffGollin

JeffGollin Registered User

I thought you'd like to know that, here in NJ, I spoke with a guy who had just attended Jim's service & who felt impelled to pick up the phone and call.

Normally, we'd exchange e-mail messages once or twice a year to talk Cardinal football. Yet here he was reaching out - to a guy feeling sad & sitting alone in a living room in NJ.

Jim could make stuff like that happen.

Still can.