Liverpool FC

Discussion in 'World Sports' started by dreamcastrocks, Jan 9, 2015.

1. lorenzotexan

lorenzotexan Registered User

Liverpool eliminated by West Brom. It’s been a week of shame after the city upset.

Fans are trolling Gerrard for saying “Liverpool are about winning trophies” on BT sport.

2. dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks Chopped Liver Moderator Contributor

Easiest win of the year on the road at Huddlefield

lorenzotexan likes this.
  3. lorenzotexan

Big match with Spurs tomorrow. I cannot wait! both teams love to attack. I think spurs might sit back to play the counter which could spell death if Liverpool score early. Liverpool clearly has the edge at home and Spurs have not gotten points in these types of matches historically. they had to scratch for draws at S.Hamptn and Watford.

4. gmabel830

gmabel830 It's football season!!

Crazy ending in game with Spurs!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5. lorenzotexan

indeed what a match. wanyama's strike was glorious. no one is really talking about it because of ref decisions..but everyone is always on the Liverpool keeper and he had a great match. salah is a genius.

dreamcastrocks likes this.
  6. ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS ONE HEART BEAT!!!

A shameful display by both Kane and Lamela, clear dives on both penalties. That said, Liverpool once again snatches defeat from the jaws of victory.

dreamcastrocks likes this.
  7. lorenzotexan

Liverpool are lucky to get a draw and are off the hook because of referee decisions. rather convenient for Klopp to be a martyr if you ask me. Today the talk is not about Liverpool blowing yet another lead...

Van Diijk is off the hook here as well. he was careless in the box. yes Lamela went down rather easy, but what's he supposed to do there stand and hide the contact in favour of Liverpool? players on all clubs do that in every match for 90+ mins. Suddenly people want rules not to be rules when it is convenient. When it's the other way Liverpool supporters are screaming for a penalty.

the kane penalty is far more interesting. In spite of the fact that the refs were caught on camera admitting that they did not see lovren kick the ball...he was ruled onside and did dive but IIRC the keeper missed the ball and made contact with Kane. those get called all of the time. If kane stayed on his feet he probably scores. Ironically he missed the penalty.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  8. dreamcastrocks

Why do you think that they were lucky to get the draw? You admitted that he should have been called onside, and he dove? By that logic, Liverpool are unlucky to get a draw and Kane missing the first pen was sweet justice.

The second pen, while soft as hell, is a pen. Liverpool supporters are furious because of the lack of consistency in the officiating. The refs were letting them play during the game when players from both sides could have been taken off by red cards. (which is also something people aren't talking about because of the pen decisions) and then start calling things super tight and the end of the game. Which is usually backwards from how games are usually called. THAT is the problem.

The same officiating problem happened in the Palace, Newcastle game. A pen was called (rightfully) for tugging on shirts in the box, and then the same thing happens time after time after that pen call with no pen awarded. VAR is coming sooner rather than later.

With all of that said, this was another classic game though. Liverpool play the most exciting brand of football in the world.

9. dreamcastrocks

It really was. It will be a contender for goal of the season.

lorenzotexan likes this.
  10. lorenzotexan

I agree about the lack of consistency. I never saw any send off tackles but there was a yellow given to a Liverpool player that was not given earlier to the spurs player for the same tackle and I think involving the same two players. But I guess we've seen people sent off for less.

I also contend that if the shoe were on the other foot Liverpool fans would be screaming for a penalty in those situations(what we saw at the end) and spurs fans would be critical of the refs. It's always a convenience factor with referee decisions. Most pundits even ones with Liverpool ties are saying the refs got the calls right in the end.

the reason I say they are lucky is because they sat back and let Spurs take control of the match. It started in the first half, but Liverpool defended and countered very well in the first 45 and almost went up 2-0 at the end of the first if not for a poor pass by salah. I don't know what Liverpool were doing in the second half. they got a fair point in the end for me. if that makes sense. both sides were lucky if you consider the unecessary penalty at the end and that Kane missed one as well.

For VAR yes it is needed for obvious decisions that are missed.. I've heard many reference that for the two penalty calls, but I'm not sure it would have changed anything anyway on the two penalties other than clearing up Lovren's touch which seemed to be the only aspect in question. As we see in other sports video replay does not fix everything and makes some things even more controversial. As we see in American Football we no longer know what a catch is anymore and it ruins games. It's really only good for the obvious calls that are missed.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  11. lorenzotexan

Salah's goal was great as well. the ball just sticks at that guys feet. what a player.

12. dreamcastrocks

I don't think Liverpool sat back and let Spurs take control. Spurs are a good enough team to dictate play and they were just the better team in the second half. I get how you can see a point as a fair result. I just wouldn't say that Liverpool was lucky to get that one point.

Good game for sure.

13. lorenzotexan

true...great match and made for a lot of good talking points.

14. dreamcastrocks

So Lamela before he got so slightly kicked was also in an offside position, something that didn't get caught in real time but would have been caught by VAR. Sigh.

15. lorenzotexan

That’s true his leg was offside. Spurs got lucky there. Spurs should have scored in a sequence in the first half where I thought son was onside but they called him off.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018