Liverpool FC

Discussion in 'World Sports' started by dreamcastrocks, Jan 9, 2015.

1. dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks Chopped Liver Moderator Contributor

Sturridge is an enigma. He is arguably the most talented striker in the league. And yet he hasn't really shown that form since Suarez left.

I want to keep him. (for the record, I also wanted to keep Balotelli) He just can't stay healthy enough for Liverpool. He needs to move to a smaller club and get more playing time though.

lorenzotexan likes this.
  2. dreamcastrocks

Well, Liverpool couldn't win at home against Southamption. Milner missing a pen for the first time all season is about right. They are in 3rd and still control their own destiny with 2 games to go with Man U losing to Arsenal. Going right down to the wire.

3. dreamcastrocks

3-0 against Middlesborough sees Liverpool in the top 4 and the Champions League qualification round over Arsenal. Beautiful. Good first full season with Klopp in charge.

4. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

Well, getting back to the CL (qualifying round) is good. Losing to a bunch of crap teams shows huge mental weakness, though. And trust me, as a Newcastle fan, I know mental weakness in a team! Though I hope that's behind Newcastle.

Honestly, had they been strong mentally, Liverpool should have challenged for the title. Is Klopp enough of a coach rather than a cheerleader? Honestly, I'm not sure, but we'll see.

5. dreamcastrocks

I'm not so sure either. When they went through the terrible patch in January, they lost Mane for the African Cup of Nations and couldn't beat anyone. The lack of adjustment says a lot. They have had some major injuries as well. I guess time will tell.

6. dreamcastrocks

Sad start to the campaign. Two set piece goals given up again. 7 or 8 really good chances missed. 1 point away at Watford feels like 2 points dropped, but at least we got something out of the game unlike Chelsea v Burnley.

lorenzotexan likes this.
  7. dreamcastrocks

Good 2-1 win at Hoffenheim in the first leg of the Champions League. Any time you can get a result away from home in this competition is a big plus.

8. dreamcastrocks

An absolute 4-0 thrashing of Arsenal after securing its place in the Champions League. What a week!

9. dreamcastrocks

A thrilling 3-0 win against Southampton. Huge Champions League game against Sevilla Tuesday. Win and they should top the group.

Salah has been the buy of the season. 9 goals in 12 Premier League matches and 4 more goals in the Champions League in 4 matches.

10. lorenzotexan

lorenzotexan Registered User

I see they drew Chelsea today. Did not get to watch. Saw the highlights of the Seville match. Moreno with a couple of bonehead plays in defence to help blow that 3 goal lead. The foul to give up that first goal is as dumb as it gets.

11. dreamcastrocks

Yeah. He seems to have bad games against Seville. He has been their best defender prior to that game though.

The draw against Chelsea was probably fair. Chelsea created more chances than Liverpool but Chelsea scored on an attempted cross late in the game.

12. lorenzotexan

Did not see the match. Chelsea don’t deserve to get points in a lot of games they play. They survive in typical Italia Fashion. ;)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  13. dreamcastrocks

Good 3-0 win against Stoke. Liverpool was definitely the better team, but Minolet probably should have been taken off at 1-0.

14. dreamcastrocks

7-0 drubbing of Spartak means Liverpool wins the group. All 5 English teams won their group. That has to be the first time in history that has happened.

15. lorenzotexan

Yeah much better than recent times.