Lakers vs Celtics -2008 NBA Finals

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by passenger, May 30, 2008.

1. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

Why do you keep pandering to Laker fans? If your rival or most-hated team is playing another, isn't it logical that you would root for that other team? Instead, you turn around and insult people like this.

There's nothing wrong with rooting for your team and whoever is playing the Lakers. ASU fans live by that rule on a daily basis.

2. TheHopToad

TheHopToad Flying High!

What?! Pau Gasol is running the post office? No wonder the mail is always late. My mailman is soft...

3. dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks Chopped Liver Moderator Contributor

I don't pander to Laker fans. I point out the hypocracy in posting that goes along here.
    The difference is... I don't let my hatred of the Lakers affect my objectivity.

Lakers fans being here isn't new. They have been able to coexist with us for years, and for some reason, (many reasons) it is now a big issue.

The Suns fans here are just as responsible for this mess of a forum as the Laker fans.

4. Mulli

Mulli ... Contributor

Oops.

5. D-Dogg

D-Dogg A Whole New World Contributor

truth. totally.

6. dreamcastrocks

You can never blame most of the blame of a 40 point loss on one player. You can on the HC though.

7. Suns_fan69

Suns_fan69 Official ASFN Lurker

Good call. For whatever reason PJ was outclassed in this series and that is something that rarely happens. Chris Mihm... really? And before it's rebutted i know he was barely in the game and didn't really have a chance to mess with the chemistry but that is a microcosm of the whole series; PJ was trying to find the right answers but just couldn't.

I always have regarded Doc as a second rate coach but he's gone a long ways to reverse my opinion.

8. D-Dogg

D-Dogg A Whole New World Contributor

I wouldn't rebut that. The C's went on a 15-0 run when Mihm was in. It completely messed with the chemistry. The lineups were horrid, all series long. The failure to switch defensive tactics (double down or stick with perimeter shooters) when new personnel came into the game is puzzling. Why still double down low when 4 deadeye shooters are on the floor? Transition defense was atrocious. What's odd is that every single first quarter, the Lakers played very well..they were either huge leads or tight, close games. But the final 3 quarters in each game were completely different than the firsts.

9. dreamcastrocks

Completely floored how a PJ coached team would get outworked over and over again in the 3rd quarter. A legendary coach like PJ should be able to make adjustments at half time. The Celtics owned the 3rd in every game.

10. Mulli

Mulli ... Contributor

Hey, who would have thought that Atlanta would give Boston a tougher time than LA?

;)

11. boldinfan18

boldinfan18 Registered User

Grats to Boston for winning the championship they deserve it, I feel real good for Kevin Garnett winning his first championship he has been a hard working player in the league and he defintally deserved it :) GRATS TO BOSTON ON BEATING LA FOR THE TITLE

12. dreamcastrocks

lol. I hadn't thought of it that way.