Knight Suffers ACL Tear

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by ColdPickleNachos, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

I'm hoping Knight improves enough so we can include him in a trade at a future time.

Only two more seasons after this. :cool:

StreetTruckinTitan likes this.
  2. BC867

BC867 Long time Phoenician! Contributor

The best things being said about Knight involve his scoring, but they still refer to him as a Point Guard.

His only role on a young, young team would be as instant offense off the bench. Number 11 in the rotation, like Barbosa.

He has failed every test as a facilitator or making the players around him better. Even if we are stuck with him, I hope he is not in our Point Guard rotation.

Happily, we are down to one dinosaur, having had as many as three. That is still one too many PGINO on this team (Point Guard in name only).

Raze likes this.
  3. devilalum

devilalum Salary Cap Casualty

This what they tried last year. They wanted him to be Crawford. Failed miserably.

Bad
    Not good
    Very bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Knight hasn’t been good. I don’t know how an injury is going to improve his game.

5. Poop Head

Poop Head Poster formerly known as kingdad

It's not the injury that will improve his game it's (hopefully) having a competent coach that gets the best out of him. Watson didn't know how to play Knight, as a starter or as a reserve. Hopefully his struggles have humbled him so he's more open to the coaching going forward. He needs to play to his strengths and as a PG also find the strengths of his teammates and set them up to produce.

6. BC867

Hope that the injury improves his game. Become humble. Be more open to coaching. Play to his strengths. Find the strengths of his teammates. Set them up to produce.

Two of the six might be do-able. Three would be a miracle. Four, five or all six? Based on past performance, I wouldn't bet a dollar with 100-to-one odds. I'd rather have a 3 Musketeers bar. :)

7. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

I’ll go on record as skeptical a single of those things occurs.

8. Poop Head

I don't think he can all 6 since you only listed 5 things. ;) Unless you're saying improves his game is one, in which case that's awfully vague and one of the other 5 will be an improvement to his game. If you're referring to my post, I don't think I listed 6 things either and am at 5 as well.

9. elindholm

elindholm rehabilitated

As long as Knight's primary offensive weapon is a contested 20-footer early in the shot clock, he'll always be a liability.

10. Errntknght

Errntknght Registered User

Didn't want Knight from the get go and would only give him PT to showcase him. I'd be tickled if it only cost a second round pick to ship him out.

11. BC867

Yes, I did include "Hope that the injury improves his game" as one of the six, as Ouchie said in Post 94.

'Reminds me of the ol' joke. A man had a crooked finger operated on and asked the doctor, "Doc, will I be able to play the piano now?" and the doctor said, "Yes." The patient replies, "That's great, I could never play the piano before my injury." Yup, that's Knight.

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.
  12. 95pro

95pro Registered

I still think it's odd there are no updates or mentions from the Suns organization regarding Knight's progress.

13. Poop Head

What is there to update? They said he had successful surgery after it happened and that he'd be out for the entire season. There really isn't anything to update. I think we'll hear about him in April, when the season is winding down and the commentators start looking ahead to next season.

14. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

I think the Suns will buyout Knight at the right time. IMO, he is not part of the Suns future.

BC867 likes this.
  15. 95pro

95pro Registered

They could at least say something positive about the Knight situation...

"we are looking forward to having Knight back"
    "Knight is progressing well..."

Doesn't have to necessarily be true what they spinning but it is weird to have it be this quite about him throughout the entire season. Just seems like the current FO has some sort of disconnect with its players.