Knight Suffers ACL Tear

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by ColdPickleNachos, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Poop Head

Poop Head Poster formerly known as kingdad

He's rehabbing already and looks to be in great shape. He hashtagged the Suns in his post also so I imagine he plans on returning to the team when he's healthy. I know there was talk of him having played his last game as a Suns last season but I don't see why he'd tag the Suns in a post while he's out for the year if that was truly the case. I think Gambo reported that he saw Watson's firing as a good thing and Bledsoe's exit as an opportunity, we'll see.

JS22 and Mainstreet like this.
  2. 95pro

95pro Registered

That's good to see. I for one don't think he got his fair chance to prove himself with all the happenings going on. The guard shuffling, lack of a system, coach, etc.

A fresh start. Hopefully his athleticism didn't escape him too much due to the injury, but maybe it'll make him work on his shot more.

3. Poop Head

When he returns I hope he can be the player he was in Milwaukee and short of that at least a solid starting PG who doesn't hurt the team when he's on the court. It would be great if he was able to be a good starting PG, we need that right now and in the future and Knight is still young enough to be part of the timeline if he can produce for us. Since we're stuck with him on the books anyways we might as well see how he'd perform next season before entering into buyout discussions. I'd much rather see him on the court than Mike James. Who would have thought that Knight would be missed this season?

JS22 likes this.
  4. 95pro

95pro Registered

We have Knight and Bucks have Bled haha

5. JS22

JS22 Say Vandelay!

Throwing Knight into a 3 PG lineup was stupid. Making him play the backup SG spot was stupid.

Honestly at his point he MIGHT be the best option going into next season. It's amazing to think the Suns went from guys like Dragic, Bledsoe, and Thomas to Knight. But here we are. That said, it's not like Knight didn't have any talent. And at this point he's essentially untradeable so I'm not opposed to seeing what he could do as a starter alongside Booker, Warren, etc. Might be able to take some scoring pressure off those guys.

6. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

I just realized his problem. He's in the wrong business. He should be an instsgram model.

7. devilalum

devilalum Salary Cap Casualty

But he sucked in Milwaukee. The Suns were hoping a change of local would unleash his potential. BK was never good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

At least the Suns do not need him to play PG anymore. Ha Ha :wink2:

A fresh start can't hurt.

9. ColdPickleNachos

ColdPickleNachos Registered

Knight has always had a lot of talent, but his decision-making and mentality were disastrous. Those things tend not to drastically change for the better out of nowhere.

10. overseascardfan

overseascardfan Registered User

He hasn't been a lights out shooter but in his last year in MIL he shot 40% from 3pt. He averaged over 17.5pts, 5 ast, 4 reb & 1.3 stl in his 2 years in MIL, he didn't suck. In fact, he was considered a big All Star snub his second season in MIL.

Poop Head likes this.
  11. devilalum

The Bucks fans were all laughin their buts off the day of the trade. If you look back at their boards they couldn’t believe they were able to unload him.

12. 95pro

95pro Registered

Might?

Ulis and James aren't starters. Can't hurt at this point.

13. Poop Head

Knight was considered an All-Star snub the year he came here. The knock on him was he wasn't the PG that Jason Kidd wanted not that he was a bad player. You shouldn't judge a trade based on how fans view it. The salary dump to move Marcus Morris was seen as a good move by Suns fans but was it? How about the trade sending Markieff out of town? Suns fans were happy to get rid of them but they were good players here and where they went just because Suns fans didn't like them didn't mean we won both trades sending them out of town.

14. devilalum

Suns are obviously stuck with him but I️ don’t think he solves any problems. Last season he was a major problem.

15. ColdPickleNachos

ColdPickleNachos Registered

I'm confused...

I thought the plan was not to tank next year, so why play Brandon Knight? :)