Knicks @ Suns game thread 1-26-18

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Mainstreet, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

On Friday the Knicks visit the Suns for a game scheduled to start at 7 p.m. Arizona time. It will be televised on FSAZ.

The Suns are coming off a four game road trip where they only won one game... against the Nuggets. Actually the Suns are 2-10 in their last ten games.

The Knicks are 2-10 in their last ten games as well but they are currently on a seven game road trip. They play the Nuggets on Thursday night so they may be a tired team when they arrive in Phoenix.

The Suns record stands at 17-31 and the Knicks record is 21-27 pending their game tonight.

2. Mainstreet

3. Mainstreet

4. Mainstreet

It sounds like there is the possibility of several lineup changes for the Knicks game.

Scott Bordow writes a very informative article. Here are some quotes and a link to the article.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...-booker-marquese-chriss-tj-warren/1067636001/

5. BC867

BC867 Long time Phoenician! Contributor

To put it another way, Canaan is not 5'10" and does not weight 150 lbs. And he is more skilled. At the risk of sounding facetious, it is about time!

6. Mainstreet

At this point in the season, I would be content to let Ulis keep the starting PG spot since the Suns are going nowhere. At a certain point in time the draft becomes more important than winning. I think the Suns are here.

However, the Suns may be more concerned about developing Bender, Chriss and Jackson. They might even want to give Len one last look. It's obvious Canaan is the better point guard.

7. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

So I am not here to say I told you so, but for those of you in Mainstream’s camp can you at least see that maybe those of us that were for the tank earlier could reasonably have believed, and even foreseen, this outcome, and hence were banking on the draft, at a much earlier date? I mean the team was atrocious last season and remained incredibly young not picking up any significant vet to lead us to believe a playoff run, or even significant improvement, was in our immediate future. And for those that want to play the “winning verses losing culture” card . . . how much impact on these young guys does winning 27 verses 30-32 games really have when they are still losing 50+ games? Be honest. None. Residing in the 5th slot now. I’m done holding my tongue. It is time to lose and lose big. Yes I am cheering for losses.

8. Mainstreet

My position has always been the Suns should play their young players and see what happens. So here we are.

To make changes at this point in the season to win games does not make sense to me unless the Suns have another objective, e.g., like further seeing how their young players develop with a different starting lineup.

Where we differ in our approach, I do not think it is healthy for the team to start the season with the intent of losing. It's not good for team, the players or the fans. If the Suns were close to competing for a playoff spot I would be hoping they would add a player to make a run at it. However, they are not so the Suns should play their younger players and see what happens.

I never considered playing the game to win as a "camp." Actually I thought it was pretty normal.

Here is a question for you. Why not "tank" next season to get the best players? When is enough... enough.

Poop Head likes this.
  9. Mainstreet

An exciting move tonight as Booker starts at PG alongside Daniels at SG.
    https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...int-guard-against-new-york-knicks/1052717001/

10. Mainstreet

11. Mainstreet

12. Mainstreet

Chriss fouls Porzingis right off the beginning. It's not a good way to start the game.

13. Mainstreet

Chriss scores the Suns first points hitting a 3.

Suns trail 11-5 at the 9:25 mark of first quarter.

14. Mainstreet

Timeout with the Suns trailing 16-5.

Kanter has 10 of the Knicks 16 points.

15. Mainstreet

So Chandler goes out sick and Len is out.

Maybe Bender plays some center tonight.