Kava

Discussion in 'Body and Health' started by BillsCarnage, Nov 11, 2017.

1. BillsCarnage

BillsCarnage Registered

Yup. I took a long weekend to see how it was.

First the taste. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but I probably had mud pies as a kid that tasted better. I tried mixing it with other beverages, but found that a simple chaser was the easiest. I did get a bit of numb tongue that lasted a few minutes.

The first night (Wednesday) I didn't notice anything to be honest; I had three 4oz drinks made the traditional way by kneading. Also did the blender and warm water methods too.

I continued throughout the weekend trying the different Kava's and mixing them. I gotta say I never really felt anything, at least not as I was expecting based on what I read. There was no "ahhhhh" moment.

But over the course of the weekend of drinking I did start noticing the muscle relaxation and somewhat calming affects. I'd fall asleep on the couch, get up and go to bed and sleep. I didn't feel rested per se, but I wasn't twisting and turning all night. I just slept through the night. At the same time, my wife snores like a grizzly bear and I don't remember waking up that much from her snoring. By Saturday night the tension knots in my shoulders were gone and I haven't had one since.

So, I think I got some of the affects albeit very slow, but at the same time might have to plow through the reverse tolerance.

I'm going to try a different brand and some micronized over the next few weeks. If the affects aren't more noticeable It'll be hard to justify continuing with the cost of this stuff.

2. DeAnna

DeAnna Just A Face in The Crowd

I used Kava for a while many years ago. Didn't really notice any difference. I find that magnesium supplements help with sleep, but maybe I'll try the nutmeg as well.

3. DutchmanAZ

DutchmanAZ Registered

Melatonin helps me sleep.

4. MrYeahbut

MrYeahbut rilly bruh, rilly?? Contributor

I hate to admit it but I'm addicted to Ambien. I've taken it every night for years.

5. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

I tried Kava for a bit about 5 years ago. It was slightly helpful for anxiety during stressful times, but not enough to make it worthwhile. Works better if combined with L-Theanine.

Kratom is my go-to now if I'm really stressing out over something. I've heard it can be addictive though, so I only use it on rare occasions.

Linderbee likes this.