Jrue Holiday

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by elindholm, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Jrue's a good solid player but he has a history of injuries too.He hasn't played more than 67 games in a season in his last 5 years.

Good player, excellent passer, defends well, I guess you're taking the chance that he stays healthy enough but he's only played a full season once and he's not sitting out games with minor injuries saving him for the playoffs like the Warriors and Cavs do, he's sitting out games because he physically can't play.

Matt L likes this.
  2. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

I don't see it. There is too much of a difference in salaries, and I really would not want to take back more cap commitments. Brooklyn does not have even one PF on their roster (per ESPN designations). Alec Peters and a decent first round pick might get him here. They need PF's and picks.

3. hcsilla

hcsilla Registered User

Yes, Dinwiddie plays surprisingly well, he became a competent PG out of nowhere. Last year he was just a shooter, now he is a distributor as well, tall, solid defender. The problem is only he is a great fit next to Russell, so I don't really see why the Nets would trade him.

4. hcsilla

hcsilla Registered User

Holiday is the one and only good perimeter player on the Pels roster and signing him to this contract was kind of a desperation move from NOP.

Trading him would reduce their PO chances, lower the probability of re-signing Cousins and keeping Davis.

5. Errntknght

Errntknght Registered User

Not much interested in Holiday for same reasons other people mentioned.

Dinwiddie, on the other hand, I'd love to get, if we could pry him loose.

There are some other young PGs that I'd be interested in - based on their stats; no observation except for Jones
    Jerian Grant from Chi
    Tyus Jones from Minn
    Shabazz Napier from Portland

Tyler Ennis isn't really in the same class but I liked him when he was with us and he's probably available. Ast/TO of 2.9 and he's 6'3 or 6'4. No 3pt shot

6. Superbone

Superbone Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan

I like how all us fans just think we can go get the best players from other teams like Dinwiddie.

leclerc likes this.
  7. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

I don't think the Suns are interested in a better PG just now (due to the lottery) unless they can trade for a PGOTF.

They appear content to let Ulis do his thing.

8. Mainstreet

The Suns do have lots of chips (draft picks) but I do not think they are going to give up a first round pick for Dinwiddie.

9. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

Brooklyn has Lin, Dinwiddie, and DAR. Thinking they might want to unload Dinwiddie for something they might need.

10. Superbone

Superbone Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan

I also wish the Bucks would have unloaded Brogdan on us.

11. Errntknght

Errntknght Registered User

I think Dinwiddie would be especially hard even though Bkn has Lin and Russell on their roster. But if Chicago, say, drafted Young or Doncic they might be willing to part with Jerian Grant - they're loaded with young PG's in addition to Kris Dunn - Kay Felder, David Nwaba, Arcidiacono, and Grant. (Zach LaVine and Cameron Payne are listed on their roster as PGs, as well.) I'd keep Grant ahead of Dunn but who know's what they'll do. They are playing Grant equal minutes so it's not like they don't know what they have.

McD ought to make a list of all the good, young PGs and be ready to pounce if someone has a roster squeeze during or after the draft. I'd be talking to Chi now - they have only Robin Lopez at C so they might be interested in Monroe or Monroe and a pick (other than ours). Maybe not, of course, since they are tanking very successfully as is.

Five others I'd keep an eye on:
    Delon Wright Toronto
    Fred Vanvleet Toronto
    Raul Neto Utah
    Yogi Ferrell Dallas
    Quinn Cook GSW

12. hcsilla

hcsilla Registered User

Dinwiddie is (much) better and healthier than Lin, so they might want to unload Lin much earlier than Dinwiddie. Furthermore Russell and Dinwiddie is a nice backcourt and Dinwiddie is on a cheap contract next season.

13. hcsilla

hcsilla Registered User

I would trade anyone on our roster for picks except Booker and maybe Jackson (and maybe Chriss if he keeps playing like he did in his last 5 games) but I would trade the MIL pick for Dinwiddie without even thinking twice.

However, I just don't see any reason why the Nets would do this deal.

14. Mainstreet

Dinwiddie's name was brought up as a PG target. After doing some research on him, it is probably wishful thinking especially with Lin out for the season.

Also the Suns may wait until the offseason before pursuing a PG.

15. BC867

BC867 Long time Phoenician! Contributor

Steve Nash was 30 when he returned to the Suns and that was before he became MVSteve.