In Remembrance

Discussion in 'ASFN Hall of Remembrance' started by Harry, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Harry

Harry ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer

Though we emailed back and forth numerous times, I never met Jim Skane face-to-face. I followed a long and winding road to his website. Having written pieces for numerous websites and magazines through the years I had long since intended to be retired. However, the quality of his website and the fans it attracted always proved too strong a magnet from which I could not easily withdraw. His website helped open a few doors for me that have truly enriched my involvement in the game. He touched a lot of lives in many unrewarded ways.

The Cardinals have not often been an easy team to love. That said, Jim loved them unceasingly. After all these years, it must have been comforting to him to finally see them in a Super Bowl. While Jim and I didn’t always agree on what we were seeing on the field or from the front office, he was no sucker for a pretty face. He always called it like he saw it and let fallout come. He was more concerned about being right than popular. That’s an indicator of character. Those of you who read my stuff for awhile know I’m not above posting or writing something just to get a hot discussion going. On more than one occasion I got under Skkorp’s skin, but he was never told me to tune it down.

While we all will miss his banter and dedication, at least now he has the best seat in the house. Enjoy the games Skkorp and know you will be thought of often with fondness.

2. red desert

red desert Registered

Well said.

3. CardNots

CardNots Registered User

I feel respect all over those comments. nice

4. ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS ONE HEART BEAT!!!

Thanks for your thoughts Harry.

5. Chieftain

Chieftain Free Agent

Memorial data For Jim:

Church service at:

Our lady of Joy Catholic Church, Corner of Pima and Cave Creek Road

10:00-11:00 Thursday 2 July, 2009

Casual dress, Cardinal Jersey's and paraphernalia (within reason) are appropriate.

Burial at the National Memorial Cemetery of Arizona , (VA Cemetery)

12:30 Thursday 2 July, 2009.

Corner of Cave Creek Road and Pinnacle or 23029 N Cave Creek Road, Phoenix 85024

Please bring water and Umbrella’s if needed, it is expected to be very hot. Please no flowers, the family is going to ask for donations to a charity, as yet unknown to me. I should have all the data within 24 hours.

More info to follow.

Fred Sends

Semper Fi

6. BigRedArk

BigRedArk Registered User

Well stated indeed Harry.