Impeachment Talks

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Town Drunk, May 17, 2017.

1. Bodha

Bodha Registered

this feels different to me. With social media and especially aggressive social activism.

During the next election cycle, youll see nothing but commercials with smiling GOP members patting the soon-to-be-impeached Trump on the back. With the tagline saying "This party supported the biggest embarrassment of the United States, how can we trust them again?"

The only way a Republican ever gets elected to any position ever again is if they publicly condemn Trump.

Joe L and nashman like this.
  2. nashman

nashman Registered User

You can only hope... this past election proved their are still many ignorant people in this country that will vote party line regardless of the person!

3. Bodha

Bodha Registered

I am very optimistic that everybody who stayed home in the last election, wont do the same next time around.

I think next election will see one of the strongest turnouts ever. If Trump accomplished anything in his Presidency, its that he made people care about politics.

4. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

Dude... this country RE-ELECTED a President who took us to WAR for literally no reason.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American people.

5. Rivercard

Rivercard Too much good stuff

Plus the Republicans have rigged the game at the state level to maintain congressional majorities There is a lot to overcome.

Linderbee and nashman like this.
  6. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

bingo.

7. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous

They have voter suppression and gerrymandering down to a science. Dems will occasionally jump in the gerrymandering game too, but I would say Repubs are better at it.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Linderbee likes this.
  8. DWKB

DWKB Registered

Until Democrats move out to the country and quit packing into the cities they natural design of the system will advantage Republicans. Even without gerrymandering and voter suppression.

9. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

For some reason the song "moving to the country, going to eat a lot of peaches" comes to mind.

It is true though the bigger cities tend to vote Democrat.

10. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero Registered User

Probably will never happen. Liberals like things like education, universities, cinema, "the arts", .... . I just don't see a mass migration happening anytime soon. :)

Here's where someone tells me to pull my head because all those things can be found in "the country".

Redneck Voodoo and Mainstreet like this.
  11. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous

How about a third party that doesn't only appeal to one or the other? Is that even possible anymore?

BigRedRage likes this.
  12. elindholm

elindholm rehabilitated

Unlikely. The amount of money a party needs to establish a nationwide presence is staggering.

BigRedRage likes this.
  13. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries! Contributor

I think it's theoretically possible. We have a couple smaller parties that have never gained traction because there isn't enough "weight" behind them to organized a cohesive platform, leadership etc. Honestly, it would take a visionary with a ton of financial resources behind that person form a strong 3rd party.

14. BigRedRage

BigRedRage badass Contributor

We would need the two current parties to remove money from elections and reform to a publicly financed campaign program where if you get the right amount of signatures to be on the ballot, you get the same money as everyone else and that is it. No PACs, no donations, nothing. No commercials. Stop everything and broadcast debates live on network TV. I am for removing party affiliations completely and people just run on their merits, morals and what they want to accomplish.

So in short, it wont happen.

15. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

At a Presidential level, a strong, a viable 3rd party would require a Constitutional amendment that does away with the Electoral College.

Good luck with thaf.

nashman likes this.