I hate the BCS

Discussion in 'Arizona State' started by bankybruce, Nov 12, 2007.

1. bankybruce

bankybruce She is stronger than you! Contributor

Ohio St. looses to a unranked team(ranked only after the win) and we loose to the #2 team and they are ranked higher than us by 2 spots. Plus ASU is a average of #4 in the computer polls, but #8 in the AP and Harris poll. If we win out we will have such a argument for the big game.

2. Skkorpion

Skkorpion Grey haired old Bird Contributor

Win out first, then we'll look at the BCS rankings.

3. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

agreed. we likely have our second and third most difficult games left on the schedule. USC is nothing to sneeze at. and 'zona, well, who knows what the hell happens in those games.

4. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

It's not like Illinois is chopped liver. They have been ranked prior to the two-game skid against Iowa and Michigan. The only other loss is to Mizzou.

But, that being said, I think you could interchange most of the top 1-loss teams, easily.

5. Trey

Trey Registered

Birth to 32, Phoenix. Now, enemy territory.
    Maybe, but it really depends on what happens with the teams ahead of us. If LSU, Oregon, and Kansas all win out (or any two of the three), we have not gripe at all.

Personally, I'm just thankful that OSU was exposed and that we won't have to see them get trounced in the title game again.

6. TucsonDevil

TucsonDevil Good to be back!

I am with you. Personally, it would be a nightmare to have OSU lose to Michigan, and still manage a BCS game. That would really upset me. Michigan would win the Conference and head to the Rose by beating OSU (I believe). Two teams from the Crap 10 would really suck.

7. Skkorpion

I like Illinois. But that's three losses. No they are not chopped liver. Next year, if the upward swing continues, they should contend for the national title.

The point is, I disagree with the claim that most of the 1-loss teams are about equal and the next few weeks will expose a few more pretenders.

8. Skkorpion

If Ohio St. loses, two teams from the Big 11 won't make BCS bowls unless other highly ranked teams fold. If enough of those teams fold, the BIG 11 might deserve two spots by default.

The Big 11 bashing goes a little overboard around here.

9. MigratingOsprey

MigratingOsprey Thank You Paul!

agreed - we should all respect the entertainment value the big 10 has provided by having not 1, but 2 of their programs lose home games to schools formerly known as division 1AA

10. devilalum

devilalum Salary Cap Casualty

If every team in the PAC10 played their same placed partner from the Big10 the PAC would probably win 8 of the 10 games.

Oregon 39 Michigan 7 IN THE BIG HOUSE!!!

Kansas is a freakin' joke, teams in the WAC play tougher schedules.

09/01C MichiganW 52-709/08SE LouisianaW 62-009/15ToledoW 45-1309/22Fla Int'lW 55-310/06at #24 Kansas StW 30-2410/13BaylorW 58-1010/20at ColoradoW 19-1410/27at Texas A&MW 19-1111/03NebraskaW 76-3911/10at Oklahoma StW 43-28

If a bunch of teams end up with one loss there will be major bitchin and moanin this year.

11. MaoTosiFanClub

MaoTosiFanClub What Goes Around Comes Around

Unbalanced schedules are just one of the many things that is wrong with college football.

12. Nasser22

Nasser22 Sec. 32: Go Devils!

I hate how other conferences have that extra championship game that puts them ahead. Bring in Hawaii and a Cali team (or whatever 2 are in the Pac-10 for some of the smaller sports) and give us that extra game too. :-/

13. DWKB

DWKB Registered

OOC schedules are decided years before they're played. We can't help our conference schedule and the fact that our tough games come at the end of our season. If we lose to MOO or OU/TX then we're in the same boat as you, but if we continue to win out the rest of the way, well I'll keep on laughing and enjoying.

14. Skkorpion

We are ranked #6 this morning. That's about right, in my opinion. The PAC has been exposed lately as having been a little overrated.

Ironically, USC is stronger now than they've been in a month and will be difficult to beat. If we can beat them and UA, I can't see us finishing any lower than #4.

Pray for Kansas to get creamed by Mizzou, then Mizzou beaten in the Big 12 title game and LSU to be upset in the SEC title game.

Then ASU would be #1 or #2 and play for the big one.

15. TucsonDevil

TucsonDevil Good to be back!

This would be the 'dream' scenario - especially since the USC vs. ASU game is on National Television - giving the program some exposure. We might be finally facing the type of quasi elite status we nearly reached in 1997-1998 following the Rose Bowl.

Thank you Dennis Erickson... even if you aren't here for a long time, thank you.