I Can Dream Can't I?

Discussion in 'ASFN Hall of Fame' started by Tangodnzr, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain DPOY

:biglaugh:

OMG! I just spilled coffee all over me!

2. Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!

Who in the name of Hades bumped this?!?!?!?!

Let it go away!

find a happy place...find a happy place...find a happy place...find a happy place...

3. Tangodnzr

Tangodnzr Banned

an obvious testament to how boring things are right now. :rolleyes:

4. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

You shouldn't downplay this thread Tango. It's comic genius, whether you intended it to be or not. Stuff like this is priceless. They'd never write this into a script or a novel, because it'd be considered too far out.

This is the second funniest thread I've ever seen on a message board. The first was by NEM way back on the Rivals board when he said Plummer was a German name and, since Plummer was from Idaho, he might have Neo-Nazi ties. That was by far the funniest conversation I've ever had on a board. :biglaugh:

5. 40yearfan

40yearfan DEFENSE!!!! Contributor

I have to agree. Great writing Tango. You could almost swear it was writing by a woman. It takes a special talent to be able to write like this and from a different genders point of view. Great command of the English language and sensitivity.

6. jf-08

jf-08 Administrator; Rules Creator Contributor

Seriously, this is the single best thread that I have ever read. The sad thing about it, is I bet most of us felt EXACTLY what you had written, that is what makes the story so genius!

7. jf-08

and remember, in a pretty recent poll here, you were voted to be funnier than the dynamic duo - Sect 11 and Card.Ken.

8. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

huh - jkf - speak for youself on that one. By the way, is that Tango in the pitcure with the Jake Deer?

9. jf-08

well...er...we all felt like we were betrayed that day by D-Bos and Jake.

That pic of Tango was taken from this thread:

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4897

10. cheesebeef

Betrayed by Boston? There wasn't a moment I thought that was the case. The second Grabes in his infinite wisdom decided not o tag him, I knew he was gone - with Plummer - thank god his sorry ass isn't around anymore.

11. jf-08

Tell me that you didn't have visions of grandeure with Boston flying down the sideline and Plummer pulling miracles out of his helmet for years to come. I'm telling ya, that's what I wanted to see happen and truly believe in. Unfortunately, those visions never came to fruition. And while both of them were on the team, I still held out that MAYBE, just MAYBE this is the game that they can get it together and do something great. But when they left, the realization that both of these talented athletes didn't fit up to the expectations that I had for them, yes, you can say that I felt betrayed.

12. kerouac9

kerouac9 Blocked by @Cardschatter

I had that vision at the start of the 2002 season. I thought this team fit the offensive prototype that I love more than anything:

Big, fast, home-run Stud #1 WR
    Shifty, tough, quality-blocking TE with hands
    Savvy, stickum-skinned flanker WR
    Speedy, unpredictable slot man
    Home run, shifty RB
    Bulked up, shifty, savvy QB leader who you have to spy because he'll run

By week 10, hosting the 'Hawks, it was pretty obvious that Jake needed a change of scenery to capture the magic of the 97-98 season. I truly didn't think it'd be in Denver, but he needed to go somewhere where there was an offensive coach who could take the bull by the horns.

I knew and was disturbed by DB's knee early in the pre-season, so I was disturbed when he went down, and wondered about his concentration while he was playing, but not surprised. I thought we'd keep him because it'd be INSANE not to, but they let him go. I hoped he'd be a Falcon, but he's a Charger, and San Diego now has the scariest young Triplets in the league.

Freddie Jones couldn't buy a look because Jake was more interested in making his boy Steve Bush look good, but I was jacked about that TE screen against Carolina.

Frank Sanders was a non-factor all season long, but he'd kind of become a fixture in the offense, so I assumed he'd still be around.

Mar Tay looked good while he was playing (65 yd YD against San Diego was what we'd been hoping for), and I thought he might sign for another year to prove himself to other scouts.

TJ never got a chance to be The Guy (the one time he had 20+ touches, he gained 173 yards and averaged 7.2 yards per carry), and then had that nasty sprain that no one believed in. Then broke his hand after people wanted Shipp more than him because Shipp was the offensive version of KVB.

There's a virtue in going cold turkey with your football team, I suppose. It's probably 70-30 that we suck this year, have a Top 3 pick, and come out in 2004 another year older, wiser, more experienced, and with a Top 3 pass rusher. It's admirable the Graves is willing to stake Mac's job on HIS personnel plan. I just wish that I could look at this team (with Boston, mostly) and say that, whatever happens, we'll definately win at least 5 games. Instead, I look at this team and say that whatever happens, we'll probably win at least 2.

13. cheesebeef

Hey that's cool. Any visions of granduer with Plummer ended for me a long time ago. I just hoped he could have been as good as he was in 2001, no more, no less - but I had given up hope of him being the savior hell I was even optimistic about last season going into it - hell I was even more optimistic on how much of force we could be this year before the blunders(IMO) in FA started.

With Boston I was pissed, but honestly felt more betrayed and anger towards our organization on that one than David.

14. jf-08

Good point :thumbup:

15. Ryanwb

Ryanwb Banned

The homosexual undertones of this are just too much for a Friday :|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.