HOW MY TANK TASTE NOW?!?

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Ouchie-Z-Clown, May 15, 2018.

1. pokerface

pokerface Registered

I didnt want to take any chances on the tank . If you are going to do it....do it right.

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.
  2. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

Yep you were as consistent as Joel.

It wasn't my route. I am happy to be wrong .

It wasn't "rough".

3. pokerface

pokerface Registered

I don't want to do it again though. I'm hanging up my tank.

4. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Sorry
    if that seemed directed at you. Meant as broader targeting.

I suspect we will see a jump of 15+ games in the win column next season.

5. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

I still hate it when people get angry over every win. But that is all behind us now. No more tanking. I think we all are agreed on that.

ColdPickleNachos likes this.
  6. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

But here is the thing... you went into some serious histrionics at several points that we were "tanking wrong"... but you were wrong.

In the end we all want the same things and I don't doubt your fandom pokerface... but if anything, this season showed that if people were freaking out about us not tanking during the first half of the season... those people were out of line.

It's a loooooong season, I got labeled as an "anti tanker" and the only reason I'm going to bother to say "I told you so" is because I'm having to read "I told you so" posts from people who argued with me... even though the way I predicted things would play out... is exactly how it played out. We didn't need to go crazy tanking early, the team was already plenty bad and there was plenty of time to pull the rug out down the road... which they did when half the roster sat out the last month or 2 with really vague injuries.

Poop Head likes this.
  7. pokerface

pokerface Registered

Yeah but we can't see into the future Phrazbit. I don't believe in turning tanks on and off or taking unnecessary risks. Plus early in the season some teams looked like they were running away with it. We got "lucky"....I mean it took a lot of factors for this to happen. Good thing is everyone is happy now. Sorry for my drama at times but I was very concerned all season long . Now at least it's looking like it's Ayton for us and we don't have to worry about some project like Bamba!

It's all good buddy! :thumbup:

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.
  8. Willie D

Willie D Free Agent

So, what y'all are sayin' is that you're perfectly happy to put up with a decade of mediocrity, intentional losing, ****** ownership and professional irrelevance so that Phoenix might one day have the #1 pick in the draft? Are you people still pissed off about the coin flip?

That's one pretty sad excuse. Jerry Colangelo would never have put up with that ****, but apparently Bubby Sarver is determined to emulate his corporate idol Donal;d Sterling.

I give Ryan McDumbo a 2-in-five chance of handling this well. That's been his track record so far.

9. Ouchie-Z-Clown

How slim was the margin? Too slim. If not for some unforeseen wins in the part of our closest competition in the final two weeks we wouldn’t be here right now. Poker and I didn’t want to rely on being lucky or leaving it in the hands of other teams’ success. We saw from the get go what we were and wanted to control our ping pong balls to max level possible. You were content to hope about others.

10. Ouchie-Z-Clown

I don’t think a single person on this board is saying a single thing you said.

nashman, Covert Rain and Chaplin like this.
  11. pokerface

pokerface Registered

Absolutely. Well said. The margin was very close . We weren't the only team in the tank. Every foreseeable consequence and outcome had to be anticipated and dealt with as much as we could control.

12. pokerface

pokerface Registered

You're just babbling man.

13. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

We were bad. If we were actually, by definition, tanking, why did we even try to beat the Kings in the 4-to-last game of the season?

"I told you so" is empty because we didn't really tank. We just weren't good enough to win most of our games.

14. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Man I can’t believe some of you STILL don’t understand what a tank is. A tank is NOT the coach and players trying to lose. I don’t think that’s EVER been the case. It’s the front office either setting up the personnel to stink (the sixers model for years), or sitting players or being overly “cautious” with injuries (the way the suns ranked at the end of the last two seasons. I don’t think any of you would argue that booker couldn’t have played the last part of the season with his injuries. Or chandler. Or Warren. In a stretch run for a playoff spot all would have been playing. That’s tanking.

pokerface likes this.
  15. Poop Head

Poop Head Poster formerly known as kingdad

We got the #1 pick in a great draft! If you can't be happy with that and feel the need to gloat about "being right" or someone else "being wrong" then you're just an ******* who is looking to pick a fight. The Suns are literally in the best position they could possibly be in with the #1 overall pick belonging to them.

There is no need for "I told you so" from anybody. Doesn't matter if you were pro-tank or anti-tank or didn't care about the tank. We got the outcome in the lottery that was best for the Suns going forward, period. We didn't lose more than we needed to and didn't win more than we needed to and ended up with the right pingpong balls.

Last edited: May 16, 2018