Here I go

Discussion in 'Body and Health' started by AZ Native, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Linderbee

Linderbee Let's GO, CARDINALS! Contributor

Great start!! You and I are starting at the same time, with the same weight loss goal (75 lbs). I decided today that I'VE HAD IT, and things are going to change. I'm a bit younger than you; I want to get this under control now, instead of later...you're inspiring me to do so!

Hang tough, and know you're not alone!

jf-08, cardncubfan, MrYeahbut and 2 others like this.
  2. AZ Native

AZ Native Living is Easy with Eyes Closed Contributor

How cool is that. Looks like you will be inspiring me too. Good luck!!!

Linderbee and Mainstreet like this.
  3. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

You are the man!

Don't listen to negative talk.

AZ Native likes this.
  4. Linderbee

Linderbee Let's GO, CARDINALS! Contributor

WE CAN DO IT!!!

upload_2017-12-4_21-20-18.png

(even if the Cardinals can't...)

cardncubfan and AZ Native like this.
  5. BigRedRage

BigRedRage badass Contributor

the hardest part is getting rid of all the junk foods IMO

that's a shame people are so negative about it. I had people make fun of my only eating veggies, fruits, nuts and meat too. After I did it for a while, I found I didn't like the other crap fake foods as much. Just do what makes you happy, do what drives to you and stick with it for a while. It wont take a long time to notice the difference in happiness, energy and more. It is all going to be worth it.

AZ Native likes this.
  6. cardncubfan

cardncubfan H

I know I need to lose weight as well. My biggest hurdle is beer though. I like beer. I like it a lot.

AZ Native likes this.
  7. Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl Stand down Contributor

I hear wine is yummy, too. A friend told me.

Way to go, everyone! Hang tough!

Linderbee and cardncubfan like this.
  8. AZ Native

After week one: I walked 3 miles every day last week. My speed was not threatening any world records but it was a brisk walk for this overweight old fart. I am not following any particular diet but I have cut out processed food and fast food. My wife and I worked on a breakfast and lunch plan that works for both of us. We have simplified our evening meal by buying a meat, chicken or seafood dish each night and rotating it to keep it from getting boring. My grill is getting a workout. We add a salad and fresh vegetable each night. It is really quite easy and not expensive. (but more expensive than a 99 cent burger) :) We both like eating healthier, so far so good.

Oh yeah, and water is my choice of drink. I feel good but my body is sore from walking as it was used to being on the couch.

I walked 3 miles again today and plan to continue. Oh yeah, I lost 7 pounds last week. I know the highest loss is the first week and it gets tougher from there.

My short term goal to continue walking and keeping a decent diet so I can enter Pat's Run on April 21st. I am in no shape to run the 4.2 miles but I want to at least participate in the walk. I have a lot of weight to lose and work to do to even think about running in it. Who knows, maybe in 2019.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017 at 9:47 PM
    cardncubfan and Mainstreet like this.
  9. Dude

Dude ASFN Contributor Contributor

Sorry people don't drink alcohol why trying to drop pounds. Alcohol, whenever taken in, is the first fuel to burn. While that's going on, your body will not burn fat.

This is a great site.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

Pick that you sit most of the day and don't add your workout. If you do that it's spot on. Set you calorie goal from 1,500 to 1,800.

Working out is a hard thing to get started for a lot of people. IMO they try to do to much. Set a walk 3 days a week. What happens over time is it becomes habit forming. I tell people even if you just walk out the door and come back in do it 3 days a week. Put on your shoes and move. After you keep that up you will be walking 1,2, and 3 miles thinking nothing of it. It's just what you do.

Sometimes I go to the gym and do next to nothing but I go. It's a life thing not a now thing. Over time you will be socked how much you end up doing it's just what you do. Like watching TV. It's part of your life. Some days you watch a little TV some days you watch a lot. Working out will be the same.

Last it's ok to eat what you want just not two much of it. We have pizza almost every Friday. I only have two pieces. I like to have a good protein shake for breakfast. Low calorie and good for me. The part I like the most is it gives me calories for latter.

Find what works for you and set goals that are reasonable that you can keep up year in and year out. The goal should never be to weigh X it should be to be healthy. If you do that weight takes care of it's self.

Well that's my two cents I wish you the best. Now matter what doing something is better than nothing know matter where you are at in the journey. Life as we all know is up's and down's.

10. Dude

That's crazy good. Looks like you are doing great. Let yourself have a hamburger they are about 600 to 700 calories. I get my healthy stuff with multi vitamins and protein drinks. I hate health food. Just skip the fries.

Nice work.

AZ Native likes this.
  11. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

I think setting a goal like Pat's Run is awesome. Short and long term goals are helpful.

Congratulations on the weight loss!

AZ Native likes this.
  12. AZ Native

???? I said water.

13. Dude

Not you sorry that was for the thread as a whole.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017 at 10:10 PM
    AZ Native likes this.
  14. AZ Native

I see. I just thought it was you because the rest was in italics. It's all good, man.

15. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

Agree 1000%! Making a major life change is extremely tough but when you do it will be more rewarding than you can imagine!

Don’t listen to the naysayers. Keep listening to YOURSELF! It’s cliche to tell anyone You can do whatever you put your mind to, but in this case, it’s absolutely true because it’s something 100% within your control.

You got this because you want this! Just remember you’re playing the long game here. You’re not dieting. You are changing your way of life. Revel in the small victories along the way. They’ll keep you going.

Good luck!

Mainstreet and AZ Native like this.