Giancarlo Stanton - what to do?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Baseball' started by Mulli, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Mulli

Mulli ... Contributor

In a deep keeper League: do I trade this guy now that the Marlins gutted the team? Will he still produce?

2. MigratingOsprey

MigratingOsprey Thank You Paul!

Can you get value? Maybe not at this point as others will have similar concerns.

He will have zero lineup protection and teams will be careful with him.

Could see a situation where you could see walks or strikeouts kick up (either accepting that there is nothing to hit or pressing to do too much)

On the whole though, I don't know if the team is going to be that competative for others to really worry about him ....... if he hits a solo shot and that's about all the offense the team can muster is that really that much of a concern for the opposition

this team may just be bad enough where he could have a classic good year on a bad team run and perform better than what you could get for him in a more fear related environment ....... if it's a long term keeper league the payoff could come 4-5 years down the line when he's mashing in his prime for some other team

3. Mulli

Mulli ... Contributor

thanks,. I think I will try to keep him for a while, just in case he is dealt to a contender.