Fulham Football Club Thread

Discussion in 'World Sports' started by Cardsfanstl, Dec 30, 2014.

1. English on tour

English on tour Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land

If you win your FA cup reply you have Sunderland away. Spare rooms free lads :thumbup:

2. Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl Registered

It was snowy but we did pull it off against Wolverhampton in a penalty shootout.

3. Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl Registered

Not the best of seasons but at least we will not be relegated further. It will take a monster collaspe for Fulham to be relegated. Need to retool and develop the young players for next season.

COYW

4. Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl Registered

Well the English Football Season is upon us. Fulham travel to South Wales to play Cardiff City to open the season. They have signed a few players in the offseason. Remains to be seen how they work together as a team.

5. Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl Registered

Fulham played their first home game of the season today. Lost 2-1 to Brighton. From what I read the Cottagers outplayed Brighton in the second half but could not score. 2 mistakes on defense caused this loss. Last one happened in the 94th minute leading to a penalty shot conversion for Brighton. Pictures I saw show the foul committed outside the box. Oh well things happen.

6. Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl Registered

Fulham reportedly signed USNMT Center Back Tim Ream from Bolton. Good move for them since CB play has been lacking in the first 2 games this year.

Also reporting they are going after Gayle striker from Crystal Palace. That would be another decent pickup if it happened.

7. Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl Registered

This past Saturday's game was different than usual. In the previous game Fulham lost there goalie to injury. Ligament damage and out for a few months. So the backup goalie played and Fulham was losing but Woodrow scored the tieing goal in the last few minutes. Interesting since in the 3 previous games it was Fulham giving up the last minute goal to either draw or lose the game. Gladly taking the point.

8. Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl Registered

Fulham won a league game finally. Was against a current bottom dweller but a win is a win. I will take it.

9. Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl Registered

Fulham game was actually on BEIN sports at 5:55am in St. Louis. So I was able to watch them live for a change. They won their second league game in a row. Played a great first half in which they were up 2-0. Won the game 2-1 after giving up a stupid penalty halfway through the second half. If it was not for the goalie Fulham would have lost this game by 3+ goals. He made one outstanding save after another. Season is still early so a lot of Football to be played.

10. Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl Registered

Fulham destroyed their West London rivals QPR last Friday by a score of 4-0. McCormack is having a great season so far. Scored 2 more goals Friday. Hope we can keep him when the transfer window opens up again in January.

11. Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl Registered

Been a long time since I posted on this thread but here is an update on Fulham. Going through managers Fulham might have finally found their guy. Slavisa Jokanovic started about 2 months ago. Team started out not doing so well under him with a lot of 1 goal losses or draws. Probably due to the coach trying to figure out the best starting 11. Despite scoring the 2nd most goals in the league as of last week the team was 1 point away from relegation but have bounced back this week with 2 wins and now are 7 points away from danger with 6 games left. 2 more wins would secure a spot in the Championship next year. Only one of the 6 opponents is under Fulham in the table so it might be last game win or go down scenario for the team.

COYW!!!!

12. Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl Registered

So far Fulham started the season off undefeated after 4 games. 3 wins and 1 draw. Still a lot of FOOTBALL to be played.

13. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

Yeah, you lot are doing great. I'm okay with Fulham getting one automatic promotion spot, and Newcastle the other :)

14. Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl Registered

Fulham suffered the first loss of the season Saturday as they lost to Birmingham 1-0. Only goal was a penalty shot. Was actually the second Birmingham PK of the game with the goalie stopping the other one. Fulham had a man sent off before half time so it is hard to win or draw a game when down a person. Hopefully the Lads can regroup for their next game.

15. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

I hate that I have to root against you lot because you're an 'enemy' to Newcastle's promotion prospects. In the abstract, I want us winning the league and you lot finishing second; for the moment, I have to root against Fulham :(