Food for Thought taken from the Browns' Forum

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by SissyBoyFloyd, Jan 3, 2018.

1. thightower34

thightower34 Free Agent

Am I the only one who saw AP miss the block that caused CP to break his arm? Watch the replay. Peterson pivots to double block the guy to his right and left the defender crush Palmer unblocked. I’m just surprised that nobody got upset that AP’s screw up ended CP’s career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wa52lz likes this.
  2. RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin Registered

100% true, and Timmy Hightower would not have missed that block. Seriously, Hightower was a really good pass blocker.

jf-08 likes this.
  3. phillycard

phillycard Registered

LMAO!!!

4. thightower34

thightower34 Free Agent

4 seconds into this video and you will see the mistake that ended CPs career

unseenaz likes this.
  5. RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin Registered

Didn't need to show me, that is why I said 100% true. It is clear as day who missed the block on that play. The question after is, was one of our guards or our center supposed to peal off on the stunt? Regardless AP is right there, someone should have laid on hand on the guy.

Hightower is a favorite NFL player of mine, he drove me NUTS with his fumbles here in AZ, but he was a good football player, and his come back with the Saints was unreal.

6. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

nfl defenses are good...any pass related offense requires the QB hold the ball unless they run a straight WC system..
    when you look back at guys like Favre and Elway...all that scrambling wasnt just because the line sucked...it was also because they held the ball too long waiting for a guy to get open... thats always been one of my fascinations with Brady,... he reads quick and if his guys aint gonna get open pretty quick he bails on the play and throws out of bounds... thats why his picks are always so low... he rarely tries to force a play.

7. SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd Registered

I visit most forums at draft time, find it best way to learn what their draft needs are and what/who they like and want in the draft. I do hundreds of mock drafts up till the draft. For instance, learned today how desperate Brown's are to totally redo their secondary after getting their QB. They are crazy for Fitzpatrick at 4.

Mitch likes this.
  8. thightower34

thightower34 Free Agent

Sorry. I just get worked up about that play.

Anyway about Hightower. I didn’t think it through when I created that email account. People who don’t know Tim Hightower pronounce my the email address “Thigh-Tower34” and then I have to explain who he is.

jf-08 likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Swaggy Head Coach

This is like the 4th season the Browns have had two 1st round picks, and they manage to **** it up every year. There’s not a single franchise that envies the Browns in any capacity.

10. SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd Registered

I watched the movie Draft Day last night, and the Brown's gm got it right in that. I never heard of their qb though, thought they didn't have one.

11. NJCardFan

NJCardFan Registered

Who's the worst at drafting QB, Browns or Jets?

12. RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin Registered

LOL! Thigh-tower

Its all good, fans should get worked up about plays that get other players hurt.

I remember when Matt Leinart threw a hospital pass to Larry Fitzgerald that almost got him hurt for the season, and we all wanted his head for it!

13. Garthshort

Garthshort Registered User

We did run a lot of empty backfield sets, and I don't think that was CP's strength, like it was Kurt's. Mayfield might have done well in that alignment. Have no idea of how the new OC's philosophy.

To blame BA for Tim Couch is an indication that the original poster doesn't know what he's talking about. IMO.

14. Garthshort

Garthshort Registered User

Brown's or Jet's? The Brown's, and it's not even close.

15. NJCardFan

NJCardFan Registered

I dunno. I just started a thread on the subject and it's pretty close when it comes to drafting QB's. Hell, Jets drafted Hackenberg a couple of years ago and he has yet to see the field. At least the Browns stiffs are given the chance to start.