Financial advisor question

Discussion in 'Finance, Investments, and Careers' started by Russ Smith, Jan 9, 2017.

1. AZCB34

AZCB34 Registered User

What is your investment goal?

2. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

We have totally different beliefs is the problem. I wanted to be much more aggressive with the money because the market was going along so well it made sense. I did that with my own investments but with our shared investments we were half VERY conservative(a money market believe it or not) and the WF brokerage account.

It's diversification and I get that but it's hard not to think had I had all that money in my the same stocks I was in, we'd have made MUCH more money. But at a much higher risk of course if the markets had gone the other way.

I'm just trying to get a balance so we have the safety she wants, without totally giving in on return.

3. AZCB34

AZCB34 Registered User

Don't be part results oriented. The key is to figure out what you are investing the money for (retirement, boat, cabin, etc). Then you establish a time frame to meet that goal.

That will establish what a target portfolio. That is when you adjust what your personal risk tolerance is and invest accordingly.