Farewell Jim (Skkorpion)

Discussion in 'ASFN Hall of Remembrance' started by Mike Olbinski, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl Stand down Contributor

Thanks for sharing, Mike.

While I wish the same, I like to think that the powers that be knew that this was Jim's last season with us and, therefore, provided a fabulous last season for him to enjoy. Winning the Super Bowl would have been excellent, but, damn, that was a hell of a ride ... and the ride sure was fun.

I love your idea. Some sort of remembrance will definitely be done. Just too soon to tell what.

2. ChiCard

ChiCard Registered

A truly lovely and understanding man who dealt with what life handed him and lived as if it hadn't.

3. Perfectionist

Perfectionist Objectively Correct

As new poster to this site, thank you Mike for sharing that. It did not take me long to realize that we are all like one big family here (maybe a littled disfunctional) but still family.

May the big red bird in the sky always be with Jim and my prayers go out to his family.

4. NeverSayDieFan

NeverSayDieFan Registered

The TRUE measure of someone's life....

is the difference they made in the lives of others. They are the ones that will be remembered and truly missed. I did not know "The Skkorpion" though I smiled each time I saw his name. See, I'm a BIG Spidey-fan and "The Scorpion" is one of his all-time, arch-enemies. Anyways, it's clear from reading the "posts" that Jim was "special". I think it would be AWESOME if Cardinal mgmt. did something to recognize/honor this man. We have a "ring of honor" for GREAT former Cardinal players and even erect statues of some. Are the fans any less deserving of being recognized for what they've contributed?? Growing up in New England (CT.) and now calling Charleston, S.C. "home" I am so grateful for this site. To be part of this Cardinal-family. Because of people like Jim. The "pioneers" who courageously followed their dreams and did something for the betterment of everyone. THANK-YOU! Jim. I am GRATEFUL!! Mark :)

5. AzKarl

AzKarl Veteran

God Bless Skorp and you Chandler Mike

As a long time member I was very touched by your story and all of the things Jim did behind the scenes. Thanks so much for sharing that and I am sure Jim is in a better place and no longer physically suffering. Thanks again for sharing.

6. WildBB

WildBB BB - BIG BIRD

I couldn't have said it better. I'm blown away. :( Such a foundation of everything right about this community. You will be missed very much Jim!!

7. Stallion

Stallion Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns

Anyone can build a website. Skkorp built a family.

RIP. Go Cards.

8. DeAnna

DeAnna Just A Face in The Crowd

Beautiful stories. Thanks for sharing Mike and MadCard.

RIP Skkorp.

9. chickenhead

chickenhead Registered User

I've been a Cards fan since they moved to the Valley where I grew up, but haven't lived there in almost 15 years. It hasn't always been easy being a Cards fan thousands of miles away, but this site made it a whole lot easier. I was thrilled that when they got to the Super Bowl I'd never lost a step, and owe a lot of that to what goes on around here. RIP Skkorp, and thanks.

10. Chieftain

Chieftain Free Agent

Memorial data For Jim:

Church service at:

Our lady of Joy Catholic Church, Corner of Pima and Cave Creek Road

10:00-11:00 Thursday 2 July, 2009

Casual dress, Cardinal Jersey's and paraphernalia (within reason) are appropriate.

Burial at the National Memorial Cemetery of Arizona , (VA Cemetery)

12:30 Thursday 2 July, 2009.

Corner of Cave Creek Road and Pinnacle or 23029 N Cave Creek Road, Phoenix 85024

Please bring water and Umbrella’s if needed, it is expected to be very hot. Please no flowers, the family is going to ask for donations to a charity, as yet unknown to me. I should have all the data within 24 hours.

More info to follow.

Fred Sends

Semper Fi