ESPN: Lebron Would Listen to Golden State in 2018

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by hsandhu, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Those are the consensus two BEST PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE!

2. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

It's LBJ attempting to cause tension within the GS organization. It's not going to work but I get it since Klay and Draymond's deals are coming up and they can't pay both.

3. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

if he went to Boston, with a great coach and solid supporting cast, they could easily challenge. Not sure how Kyrie would feel about that tho... or the rest of Boston.

My thinking is he HAS to stay East, if he's smart. Putting yourself in the West gives him a much tougher task of continuing his legacy as far as at least getting to the Finals every year.

4. CardsFan88

CardsFan88 Registered

This is one of the reasons why I hate LeBron.

He always looks for the easiest pathway, dang anything else, and yet wants to be GOAT.

He's basically spent his career going from team to team, using up all its resources like a locust, and when the team is cap strapped and out of assets to make runs, he moves on and finds another owner who will give him the keys to destroy the team in hopes of a quick championship or two.

Does he not understand that if he wants a max salary slot, any trade would alter the team? Golden State might become on paper better, much better, but those gaps that appear, he might then need to complain to trade people to replace the guys they lost (reportedly Klay Thompson and something else). This is where LeBron could usher in the downfall of the Warriors.

Kyrie was right, and the Cavs should've traded LeBron instead of Kyrie. In the end, it's almost assured he leaves the Cavs, again, in shambles (like Miami as well), and instead of having a still young Kyrie to build around, they have.... crickets.

Meanwhile I think the best have to play the best and beat them, not join them.

I also don't like how he plays hard very rarely. He turns it on for a couple of possessions, then coasts most of the time.

Easiest pathways on colluded teams and disastrous Eastern Conference and he's what 3-5 in the finals? Horrible.

In the end, the not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4.... isn't about championships, but likely teams he's been on.

LeLocust

Poop Head likes this.
  5. unseenaz

unseenaz Registered

lebron bringing a championship to PHX would put his legacy through the roof, maybe i'll tweet him that and get his thoughts.

6. CardsFan88

CardsFan88 Registered

Yeah but I don't want to get rid of Booker and a bunch of other people so he can bring in overrated players on big contracts like everywhere else he goes.

If LeBron can complain for changes and not care if Kyrie was traded, he could do the same here with Booker. Meanwhile again, he's probably going to leave Cleveland high and dry, and they'll wish they still had Kyrie.

7. unseenaz

unseenaz Registered

exactly. he won't go to GSW, but I bet he goes to a team in a much better spot than the cavs are. Toronto?

we're in the hug era of the NBA where all the superstars are buddies, so i'm sure he's already vetting his options behind the scenes.

8. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Losing in the Finals is worse for his legacy because people wil use the 5 (soon to be 6) losses against him. I don't understand that narrative but it is what it is. For some reason Michael Jordan and Joe Montana are celebrated for losing BEFORE the Finals/SB since they're undefeated in the big game/series.

Since nobody is beating Golden St I'm looking at what Lebron could do that's never been accomplished that would boost his legacy without winning a title. Basically regular season all time stats or taking a Canadian team to the Finals or the Clippers to the Conference Finals etc.

Or like @unseenaz said taking Phoenix to the Promised Land. :bhiich:

unseenaz likes this.
  9. JustWinBaby

JustWinBaby Registered

The other rumored destination for him is Houston. He is reportedly very close to Chris Paul.

I do not know how they make it work but Morey seems to be a magician at times.

10. Poop Head

Poop Head Poster formerly known as kingdad

If Lebron goes to Golden State I think he quits climbing the ladder of all time greats, he might even dip a little bit. That would be like admitting that he no longer wants to compete for championships. Even if he passed Jordan in championships the rest would be tainted. I don't know if he'd end up being considered better than Kobe if he joined the Warriors.

11. overseascardfan

overseascardfan Registered User

I hope he goes to HOU because then they couldn’t keep Capela.

12. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

I think this was intended to try to disrupt Golden State. LeBron has enough ego to believe that if he says he will talk to them, they will jump all over themselves to try to work that out. In so doing, players in the locker room begin wondering who has to go in order to make room for LeBron. Meanwhile, it puts a bit of pressure on Gilbert to make a move now to make the Cavs competitive this year--sign Monroe maybe?

I don't think its going to work. The Warriors are scoffing at the idea and Warriors mgmt just needs to come out and say "we like our team how it is, thank you."

Besides all of this, LeBron is a drama queen. He loves to be the center of attention.

13. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Agreed and I agree with the other post saying it's meant to disrupt the Warriors.

The talk yesterday was that the Warriors would have to move Klay and probably Draymond to afford LeBron's contract. I've also heard that the Warriors were very quickly assuring the guys this wasn't something they were even considering.

I think this was a calculated move by LeBron to try and create news and create unhappy players on the Warriors.

I still think the biggest concern they have this year is Houston not Cleveland, if I were a Rockets player this story would thrill me.

14. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Apparently they can but with of course luxury tax complications.

Totally agree though LeBron is trying to piss off Warriors players.

Remember the year it became apparent the Warriors were going to go after Durant, it was widely believed the reason Harrison Barnes went into the tank late that year was he was so unhappy with the idea the Warriors were going to get Durant and replace him.

I think LeBron realized how important that was to Cleveland winning that year, and is trying to cause the same issue now with Klay and or Draymond.

15. Poop Head

Poop Head Poster formerly known as kingdad

Somebody on Reddit compiled all of the articles that ESPN managed to throw together because of the Lebron to Golden State narrative that they helped create. They put out 11 articles and videos within 24 hours of this idea being floated out there.

Here's a link to see all of the screenshots...