ESPN: Boldin tells agent to turn down any offer from Arizona

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Mike Olbinski, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski Formerly Chandler Mike Contributor

Just saw it on ESPN, didn't see a thread with this topic...just passing it on.

ugh.

2. Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski Formerly Chandler Mike Contributor

John Clayton says it looks like they are just requesting a trade....and he thinks it will be met.

3. lauraw

lauraw "Vincere, Aut Mori" !

never liked john clayton much.. 3 nfl records on his resume- most catches by a rookie, fastest to 400, fastest to 500.. stay q!

4. Rivercard

Rivercard Too much good stuff

Unless the Cards get a trade offer too good to be true I hope they make him play out his current contract. He can sit out next year if he wants.

5. NeverSayDieFan

NeverSayDieFan Registered

Enough!!

1st, THANK-YOU "Q" for EVERYTHING you've done in the Past. You have been a warrior on the field and, from what I've read, given back in many ways to the community. BUT now it seems very clear that you are unhappy with the front office and your contract. I get it! IF playing with your "brother" (ie; Fitz' )and a QB who respects you and will get the ball to you isn't enough... IF experiencing a magical play-off run all the way to the Super Bowl with guys that respect you and look up to you in the locker room isn't enough... Well, I wish you well with your next team. You'll be happier and we'll be just fine with-out you. GO CARDS!! ...And as for your agent?? ALL the $$ in the world can't buy RESPECT!

6. Renz

Renz An Army of One

Boldin's become just another Simeon Rice/Thomas Jones/David Boston. I will be glad when he is shown the door.

7. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

If true, then eff Q.

8. Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion

i hope not. Those guys were let go with nothing to show in return unless you count Marquise Walker as something :(.

9. Unsterblich856

Unsterblich856 Registered

If he doesn't want to be here, than whats the point of holding him hostage? We do just fine without Q. We are the deepest team at WR with pretty big needs that can be fulfilled by trading him.

10. rode kardinaal

rode kardinaal Registered

Isn't that Boldin's view also?

Hope it doesn't come to a trade, but if it does, i think a big 'thank you' for the guy that helped turn this franchise around, who always left his all on the field and the guy who could have TO'ed on us prior to last season but in stead chose to play for the salary he deservedly IMO wasn't happy with and played huge,

again, a big 'thank you' is more in place than the 'f*ck you' that he's bound to get.

11. nidan

nidan RIP George Contributor

Because if you let him force his way out then you open the door for the next guy to do that same.

12. football karma

football karma formerly known as En Fuego

very, very true.

The minute you let popping off in the press get you a new contract, you have to figure the rest of the roster will notice that.

13. DoTheDew

DoTheDew Registered

I tell Drew and Boldin "if you can find a deal we like we will trade you otherwise you are going to have to either play or sit out and pay fines," and leave it at that.

14. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

basically this is it...Boldin's level of importance seems to be more centered on his view of the frontoffice, what he thinks of it and they think of him. In Boldin's mind it overides his value of his teammates and his fans if he is intended to turn down any offer regardless of the money because his attention is full of tunnel vision and this whole FO stuff. Since no one really knows what words and actions where passed between the FO and Boldin and more know what the feelings between the players and the fans are...this to me is just pure selfishness and IF and only IF this is the case...I say trade him and get him the hell out of here already.

15. Buckybird

Buckybird Hoist the Lombardi Trophy

yeah, but you also have every other potential free agent or over performing player demand such a pay raise. There is no way in hell Quan is worth what Fitz is getting paid!!! Not for 12 games a season. Later Q