Early FF ideas and drafts..

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Iceman, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Iceman

Iceman Administrator Staff Member Contributor

I personally think that David Johnson will be in the top 3 of all RB's this year. I say that because he has all the talent, but with the Cards offense, it sets him up for success. Plus, he is a great back for receiving as well.

2. dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks Chopped Liver Moderator Contributor

PPR league maybe. There is too much offensive talent on this teamto expect him to be top 3 IMO. I think he will be 5-7.

3. Iceman

Agree. That is the only issue I see. He will have to break off big runs and get the goal line runs

4. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

Le'Veon Bell is facing a four game suspension for missing a drug test. Would you still draft him in the first round?

5. Shane

Shane Current STAR Contributor

I just did about 10 mock drafts on Yahoo's fantasy site all in real time. David Johnson's average draft position nationwide is 2.9 and the next closest RB is Leveon Bell at an average of 4.3

He may be undervalued on this board and their so called draft experts but apparently fantasy fans around the country are expecting very big things.

6. Shane

Personally no. Just because a slow 1-3 or 0-4 start can bury you in fantasy. I need players I can rely on from the jump. And couldn't it be more than 4 games being his second "offense"

7. BigRedRage

BigRedRage badass Contributor

I would shy away from it just because we know this offense spreads the ball around. He would be worthy of a top pick in ppr or if we didn't have so many skill position players to feed, I'd be wary of taking him otherwise unless there is no other pure workhorse available that has lack of wr depth or a young qb

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

8. Shane

If he gets between 15 to 18 carries a game which isn't unheard of with his pass catching ability and explosiveness he's an easy top 10 pick at the position.

9. Kel Varnsen

It could be. I don't think any more details have come out yet, but I think he is suspended for missing a test, not failing a test. I don't know if the NFL considers missing a test as bad as failing one, but I could see that being a reasonable position.

Do you guys usually draft Cardinals on your fantasy teams? I try to avoid it because I hate thinking to myself during the game things like "throw it to x or put y back in the game even though it's 48-3." (I also have no idea which receiver I'd draft. LOL.)

10. Kel Varnsen

Who are your favorite sleepers/rookies at this point?

I'm getting pretty excited about Kenneth Dixon and Sterling Shepard (and trying to train myself not to say/type Sterling Sharpe).

11. Beaver

Beaver Maximum Effort

Paul Perkins in NYG. Jordan Howard in CHI. I'm hoping DeAndre Washingtong can earn a role with OAK. Drafted him very late in a 20 team keeper league.

12. Kel Varnsen

Drew Brees or Carson Palmer?

13. Iceman

Love Shepard. He was so good at OU and am looking forward to seeing what he can do in the NFL

14. MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease Moderator Contributor

We just held our neighborhood FF Draft with 14 teams this weekend. Man that was a marathon!

It's a Standard League and the starters are (QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, TE, Flex, K, D)

I had pick #9 and landed Le'Veon Bell there!

RB Le'Veon Bell
    RB Eddie Lacy
    WR TY Hilton
    RB Jonathon Stewart
    WR Kelvin Benjamin
    QB Philip Rivers
    TE Jimmy Graham
    RB Chris Johnson
    WR Vincent Jackson
    RB James Starks
    QB Matt Ryan
    WR Mohammad Sanu
    TE Jared Cook
    D Jets D
    K Mason Crosby
    QB Sam Bradford (Uggg didn't realize that Rivers and Ryan had the same bye week)
    empty

my team would have been awesome a year or two ago. LOL. 14 teams was really difficult as positions dry up quick.

We ran out of gas and everyone will pick up their last roster spots via the waiver wire.

This is our 3rd year of doing our neighborhood draft and it is so much fun. I always loved in person drafts. Plus it makes trash talking much easier when you see your neighbor every day.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  15. Shane

Sorry brother but 14 team leagues are a joke. The league is too thin and one injury can destroy your team. Your #1 player is gone for a 1/4 of your season which can bury you in fantasy. 12 should be the max in any league JMO otherwise no fun.