Donald J. Trump: 45th POTUS

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Brian in Mesa, Jan 20, 2017.

1. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

[​IMG]

Patti Sanders-Smith
    January 24 at 6:18pm ·
    watched as they blocked every single path to progress that they could.
    I saw the pictures of him as Hitler.
    I watched them shut down the government and hurt the entire nation twice.
    I watched them turn their backs on every opportunity to open worthwhile dialog.
    I watched them say that they would not even listen to any choice for Supreme Court no matter who the nominee was.
    I listened as they openly said that they will oppose him at every turn.
    I watched as they did just that.
    I listened.
    I watched.
    I paid attention.
    Now, I'm being called on to be tolerant.
    To move forward.
    To denounce protesters.
    To "Get over it."
    To accept this...
    I will not.
    I will do my part to make sure this great American mistake becomes the embarrassing footnote of our history that it deserves to be.
    I will do this as quickly as possible every chance I get.
    I will do my part to limit the damage that this man can do to my country.
    I will watch his every move and point out every single mistake and misdeed in a loud and proud voice.
    I will let you know in a loud voice every time this man backs away from a promise he made to them.
    Them. The people who voted for him.
    The ones who sold their souls and prayed for him to win.
    I will do this so that they never forget.
    And they will hear me.
    They will see it in my eyes when I look at them.
    They will hear it in my voice when I talk to them.
    They will know that I know who they are.
    They will know that I know what they are.
    Do not call for my tolerance. I've tolerated all I can.
    Now it's their turn to tolerate ridicule.
    Be aware, make no mistake about it, every single thing that goes wrong in our country from this day
    forward is now Trump's fault just as much as they thought it was Obama's.
    I find it unreasonable for them to expect from me what they were entirely unwilling to give.

nashman likes this.
  2. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

I understand this anger. I really do. But we do nothing but tear the country apart if we sink to their level. By that, I mean being personally insulting. Calling them deplorables. Alienating them. It's perfectly OK to oppose politically, to not give in, to stand your ground. But you can't make this personal.

That's just what our enemies want. If you think the Russian bots are just pretending to be conservatives, I can guarantee you you're wrong. They're here to rip the country apart, and they'll masquerade as conservatives, liberals, moderates, the religious, atheists, or whatever they have to in order to further their goals.

Trust no one, use your own brain. And never forget that as Americans, we're all in this together. Even if we disagree. Especially if we disagree.

3. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

And how has that worked for the left so far? While "When they go low, we go high," is a great campaign slogan, in real life it's akin to bringing a marshmallow to a sword fight. The left has to shed the nice guy crap and get tough. They can be pragmatic and tough without lying or getting stupid. Call a lie a lie. When the orange shitgibbon gets stupid, nail him on it over and over and over with well prepared and communicated facts.... but pull no punches. Don't let him get away with distractions. Stay with the important points and beat him to death with them....

We are talking about the very survival of the political left here.

nashman, ozzfloyd and LoyaltyisaCurse like this.
  4. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse Chad's got nothing on me!

Sadly, the last 25 years of Dems turning the other cheek has not worked. They've mostly been above board compared to the GOP, yet are the ones who are vilified and railroaded by the masses. It's time to fight fire with fire. Our country is on the line, no more kid gloves.

nashman and ozzfloyd like this.
  5. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse Chad's got nothing on me!

6. DWKB

DWKB Registered

Sadly, no. We're not together. We never really were together. Those on the other side are often more dangerous to my everyday life than anyone in some foreign country.

The elite have already abandoned any semblance of nationalism, what are we trying to save?

nashman, ajcardfan and UncleChris like this.
  7. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

It is personal for so many. How, if you are a DACA at Harvard medical school, a member of the LGBTQ community, black, Hispanic, Puerto Rican, or female can you NOT take it personally?

I have always been a proud American. I have many friends in Europe and have been there many times. In all honesty, Europeans believe in "American values " more than Trump voters. Trump voters must be crushed politically or this won't be the America we were all born into, and love, anymore.

8. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

If you guys want to collectively name call and personally attack fellow Americans, there is nothing I can do to stop you.

Good luck.

9. AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy Magnanimous

I think the main problem is the Trumpers/GOP have no qualm or guilt when it comes to attacking those whom they don't agree with. They believe in blatant lies and propaganda, and the Dems high road approach really gets them nowhere. We live in a society now where hate has consumed a good amount of people...whether it be because of their skin color, social status, beliefs, religion, etc. The GOP feeds off this hate...it consumes them and drives them. It seems, now, the Dems can't win playing the good guy anymore. This doesn't mean name calling and being a child about it, but becoming more aggressive on calling out the GOP for all their falsities, greed, bigotry, lying, etc. Let America know that a GOP America is the absolute worst thing that could ever happen.

10. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

I have no issue with saying that points are false or that the other side is mistaken.

I have a problem with calling the other side unAmerican or personally slurring then.

11. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

I didn't call them anything but Trump voters. Right now, they are in no mood to politely chat politics. They want revenge on Obama and Clintons that is all they care about. You dont have to call them names. But it is high time their MESSAGE is aggressively attacked.

nashman likes this.
  12. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

Save the sanctimony for someone else that hasn't been name-called and attacked by "fellow Americans" all their life

nashman and UncleChris like this.
  13. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

I completely agree with you. Attack the message, not the person.

14. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

Ok. Will do. And every time you personally attack another American, Putin smiles.

15. DWKB

DWKB Registered

That’s the thing though and where the Democrats fail. The opposition is not “mistaken”, they’re lying. That’s what you’ve got to say and when the pivot and change the subject or move the goal post, you have to go, wait...can we go back to you being a liar before?

We have a large group of Americans who are liars and they have no sense of self reflection.

nashman and LoyaltyisaCurse like this.