Dear Bruce Arians...

Discussion in 'Smack Shack' started by mojorizen7, Dec 12, 2014.

1. mojorizen7

mojorizen7 Registered

This is true. I don't blame them either. I feel pretty bad for the city and the die hards that have come out to watch mostly bad football for the last 10 years.

I figured TJ's post was kinda directed at me because i'm the only Rams fan who posted in this old thread.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  2. mojorizen7

mojorizen7 Registered

I can understand the distinction.
    For myself i'm from here(AZ) born & raised and still live here.
    Growing up as a boy in the mid to late 70's i discovered the NFL but there was no team here, so i latched onto the team who was close in proximity and had the coolest uniforms. Hence a life long Rams fan. I was about 26 when they moved from LA to St Louis. No reason to change allegiance then...no reason to now.
    I can understand fans who are attached to a team that is a long time part of the same city they are a part of themselves. For myself that just wasn't and isn't the case.

When the Cardinals moved here in '88 they immediately became my 2nd favorite team, until they re-aligned and joined the Rams' division in 2002(?) and the Cards became the enemy, understandably.

IIRC Cheese you & I are about the same age i think? (mid/late 40's). You lived here in AZ growing up right? The Cards have been here for almost 30 years now. Where would your allegiance go if they were to leave town?

3. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

I'm more late 30's, but grew up in Phoenix. If the Cards bailed on AZ, I would probably hate them forever and since LA just got a team, I'd somehow have to turn myself into a Rams fan.

LoyalRam likes this.
  4. BigRedRage

BigRedRage badass Contributor

Heathen!

LoyalRam likes this.
  5. LoyalRam

LoyalRam Registered

Hello all, so good to see you!
    [​IMG]

jf-08, mojorizen7 and BigRedRage like this.